SV Wacker Burghausen
|Full name||Sportverein Wacker Burghausen|
|Chairman||Dr. Willi Kleine|
|League||Regionalliga Bayern (IV)|
|2017–18||Regionalliga Bayern, 9th|
SV Wacker Burghausen is a German football club based in Burghausen, Bavaria and is part of one of the nation's largest sports clubs with some 6,000 members participating in two dozen different sports.
The club was founded on 13 November 1930 and was made up largely of employees from the local chemical factory Wacker Chemie, which was established in 1914, and still sponsors the club today. The first football side in the city was part of the gymnastics club Turnverein Burghausen. In 1922, the footballers left TV to form 1. FC Burghausen which became part of SV at the time of its founding. Besides football, the new club had departments for shooting, athletics, and youth.
SV won the East Bavarian championship just three years later in 1933, but then afterwards toiled in anonymity in the local lower level leagues until 1993 when they won the Landesliga Bayern-Süd (V) title, followed by the Bayernliga (IV) championship two years later, which advanced the club to the Regionalliga Süd (III). In 2002–03, the team played its way into the Second Bundesliga where they competed until being relegated at the end of the 2006–07 campaign.
Wacker earned a seventh-place finish in the Regionalliga in 2007–08, which qualified the team for the new 3rd Liga the following season. It finished the 2008–09 season in 18th place, on a relegation rank but was saved from having to step down to the Regionalliga by the withdrawal from the league of Kickers Emden for financial reasons.
The club finished in 18th place, on a relegation rank but was saved from having step down to the Regionalliga for a second time by the insolvency of Rot Weiss Ahlen. After got results in 2011–12 and 2012–13 the club finished 19th in the league in 2013–14 and was relegated, now to the Regionalliga Bayern.
The SV Wacker Burghausen II team played in the Bayernliga (IV) from 2005 to 2007, making Burghausen one of the few clubs to have had both first and second teams play at this level. The reserve team finished 15th in the Landesliga Bayern-Süd (VI) in the 2010–11 season, narrowly avoiding relegation. At the end of the 2011–12 season the team qualified directly for the newly expanded Bayernliga after winning the league championship in the Landesliga. It played in the Bayernliga until 2014 when the club decided to withdraw the team from competition at the end of the season.
The club's honours:
Recent managers of the club:
|Rainer Hörgl||1 July 2000||25 October 2000|
|Rudi Bommer||26 October 2000||30 June 2004|
|Markus Schupp||1 July 2004||14 December 2006|
|Gino Lettieri||2 January 2007||30 June 2007|
|Ingo Anderbrügge||1 July 2007||31 March 2008|
|Peter Assion||1 April 2008||30 June 2008|
|Günter Güttler||1 July 2008||14 April 2009|
|Ralf Santelli||15 April 2009||30 June 2009|
|Jürgen Press||1 July 2009||9 August 2010|
|Mario Basler||11 August 2010||14 May 2011|
|Rudi Bommer||1 July 2011||31 December 2011|
|Reinhard Stumpf||5 January 2012||30 June 2012|
|Georgi Donkov||1 July 2012||5 September 2013|
|Uwe Wolf||13 September 2013||30 June 2014|
|Mario Demmelbauer||1 July 2014||11 November 2014|
|Uwe Wolf||12 November 2014||Present|
SV Wacker Burghausen
SV Wacker Burghausen II
- With the introduction of the Bezirksoberligas in 1988 as the new fifth tier, below the Landesligas, all leagues below dropped one tier. With the introduction of the Regionalligas in 1994 and the 3. Liga in 2008 as the new third tier, below the 2. Bundesliga, all leagues below dropped one tier.
|↑ Promoted||↓ Relegated|
- As of 27 February 2018
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Die Chronik der Fußballabteilung in der Übersicht (in German), SV Wacker Burghausen website, accessed: 26 November 2010
- Kickers Emden verzichtet auf die 3. Liga (in German), Northern German football association website, published: 10 June 2009, accessed: 10 June 2009
- Das war die Relegation 2012 auf Verbandsebene (in German) fupa.net, published: 7 June 2012, accessed 8 June 2012
- "Historisches" und vier Treffer für die Statistiker: Wacker II siegt bei Unterhaching II glatt mit 4:0 (in German) heimatsport.de, published: 18 May 2014, accessed: 22 May 2014
- Wacker Burghausen .:. Trainer von A-Z (in German) weltfussball.de, accessed: 5 April 2011
- Das deutsche Fußball-Archiv (in German) Historical German domestic league tables
- Fussball.de – Ergebnisse (in German) Tables and results of all German football leagues
- "Spielerkader" (in German). SV Wacker Burghausen. Retrieved 27 February 2018.