This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dale Laurance, Chairman
Alain Monié, CEO
William Humes, CFO
|Products||Computer hardware, software, services, logistics|
|Revenue||US$ 43.026 billion (2015)|
|US$ 215 million(2015)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||AVAD, APTEC - An Ingram Micro Company|
Ingram Micro is a wholesaler of IT products and services. Its headquarter remains in Irvine, California despite the fact the company has been acquired by the Chinese group HNA in 2016. With sales over 43 billion USD in 2015, it is the world's largest wholesaler in technology products and services. It sells products and services only to IT resellers, from manufacturers such as Acer Inc., Apple, Cisco, Brocade Communications Systems, Veeam Software, Google, Hewlett-Packard ("HP"), IBM, Lenovo, Microsoft, Samsung ... The company ranks 64th in the 2016 Fortune 500.
In 1989 Ingram Micro, then called "Ingram Micro-D", was a subsidiary of the privately owned Ingram Industries group, took over the Belgian Softinvest and its three Softeurop subsidiaries active on the Belgian, the French and the Dutch markets from Brussels, Lille and Utrecht. This was Ingram's first foray outside the United States other than a few Ingram Industries subsidiaries. The company embarked on an active merge, acquisitions and foundation strategy in the European market.
Ingram Micro built a presence in areas adjacent to its traditional distribution business, including enterprise computing, automatic identification and data capture (AIDC); point-of-sale (POS); managed, professional and warranty maintenance services; mobility; physical security; and consumer electronics.
Other ventures in 2014 included entry into cloud computing, or software-, platform- and infrastructure-as-a-service.
In June 2014, Ingram Micro changed their logo and introduced a new tagline: “Ingram Micro helps businesses realize the promise of technology”.
In February 2016, Ingram Micro was acquired by Chinese listed company Tianjin Tianhai Investment, a subsidiary of mega conglomerate HNA Group, for $6 Billion. It was reported at the time that Alain Monié, Ingram's chief executive, would remain in place. Bharat Bhisé, indirect minority owner of HNA Group, as well as HNA Group director Tan Xiangdong, were also elected into the 7-men board directors of Ingram Micro. The transaction reportedly made Ingram the biggest revenue generator for HNA Group. The strategic reason for the transaction was to better reach “business opportunities in emerging markets, which have higher growth rates and better profitability.” HNA Group's logistics and its presence in China was intended to help Ingram's growth.
Former U.S. Congressman Chris Lee once worked at Ingram Micro. A former member of the German-Turkish group Sürpriz who represented Germany in the Eurovision Song Contest 1999, Bülent Ural, currently works as a sales consultant for Ingram Micro's German branch.
- "Ingram Micro Sold to Chinese Company for $6 Billion". NYTimes.com. 2016-02-18. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "Ingram Micro buys AVAD assets". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- Jacobson, Julie. "AVAD Acquired by Private Equity Firm; Former Klipsch/Harman Execs to Lead the Co.". www.cepro.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- Spring, Tom. "Ingram Micro Ups Cloud Ante: Adds Partnerships, Channel Enhancements, Hosted Services". CRN. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "New Logo for Ingram Micro". ocbj.com. 2014-06-23. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "Ingram Micro Completes Acquisition of Odin Service Automation Platform and Associated Technologies, Solidifying Leadership Position in the Cloud". prnewswire.com. 2015-12-21. Retrieved 2016-08-02.
- "Ingram Micro Annual 10K report for the fiscal year ending Jan 2, 2016; Note 4 — Acquisitions, Goodwill and Intangible Assets". sec.gov. 2016-02-25. Retrieved 2016-08-02.
- "Chris Lee admits to 'mistake' that led to firing frorm (sic) job in 1989". thebatavian.com. 2008-11-01. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- Ingram Micro DE Ansprechpartner
- Ingram Micro
- Yahoo! - Ingram Micro Inc. Company Profile
- Google plans 2015 Project Ara launch in Puerto Rico — partnering with Ingram Micro, OpenMobile, and Claro.