SXSW V2V 2013 Logo
|Dates||July 13–16, 2014|
|Location(s)||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Organized by||SXSW Inc.|
SXSW V2V is the newest South by Southwest conference; it features a startup competition, panel discussions, and mentoring workshops for entrepreneurs. Hosted in Las Vegas, it is the first SXSW event to take place outside of Austin, Texas. It began in 2013 as an evolution of the startup competition that is held as part of the SXSW Interactive festival each spring.
- 1 About
- 2 V2Venture Competition
- 3 Notable Speakers
- 4 Other Highlights
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The company has said variously that V2V stands for "Vision to Venture", "Visionaries to Vegas", and “Voice to Voice", describing the focus of the conference on finding, financing, and developing new businesses. The conference started with the recognition that the three large spring festivals that SXSW, Inc. holds in Austin were straining the hotel capacity of that city.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2013)
One of the main events is the V2Venture startup competition, where startup companies compete under five categories. SXSW V2V began in 2013 as an extension to SXSW. The event brings startups and venture capitalists together across all industries. Participating companies represent the fields of Culture and Education Technology, Education Technology, Health Technology, Innovative World Technologies, and Mobile and Tablet Technology.
Culture and Entertainment Technology Finalists
Trackster, the world's first studio network for the re-amping of guitar recordings.
Education Technology Finalists
Health Technology Finalists
Innovative World Technology Finalists
Mobile and Tablet Technology Finalists
The after-hours schedule for the event includes comedy, film, and music offerings.
- Gallaga, Omar L. (2012-10-23). "SXSW Interactive expanding next year with Las Vegas startup conference". Austin American-Statesman. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- Gallaga, Omar L. (October 23, 2012). "South by Southwest Interactive expanding to Las Vegas with 'V2V' conference". Austin American-Statesman. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- Carroll, Laura (August 8, 2013). "Potential seen in Las Vegas' inaugural SXSW event". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Stephens Media LLC. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "LISNR Honored for SXSW V2V's V2Venture Competition". PRWeb. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- "Finalists". SXSW Inc. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Trackster Selected as Finalist in 2013 SXSW V2Venture Competition". DMN Newswire. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Brownfield, Andy (Jul 19, 2013). "Cintrifuse-backed startup to compete at South by Southwest V2V". Cincinnati Business Courier. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- SXSW Finalists, SXSW V2V August 2013
- "The City As Startup". Forbes. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- "Two nights of music, special film screening and more at V2V". Film-News.co.uk Newsdesk. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
|last1=in Authors list (help)