|Industry||Supply chain and electronics manufacturing services|
|Revenue||US$17.046 billion (2017)|
|US$509 million (2017)|
|US$301 million (2017)|
|Total assets||US$7.699 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||US$2.284 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|~107,400 (November 2017)|
Synnex Corporation, founded in 1980 by Robert T. Huang and based in Fremont, California, is an information technology supply chain services company offering services to original equipment manufacturers, software publishers and reseller customers. The president and CEO, as of November 2008, was Kevin M. Murai.
Originally founded as a technology hardware distributor, Synnex distributes products and related logistics services. As a business process outsourcing and contract assembly it works with industry suppliers of IT systems, peripherals, system components, software and networking equipment. The company is one of the major employers in Greenville, South Carolina. On December 21, 2009, Synnex acquired Jack of All Games from Take-Two Interactive. In December 2010 Synnex acquired the managed business solutions division of e4e, an ITes service provider located in Bangalore in India.
In 2012 Hyve Solutions announced a partnership with IBM and Zettaset to produce a bundled "turnkey" platform for Hadoop-based analytics targeted to the needs of small- and medium-sized businesses. Synnex acquired IBM's worldwide customer care business process outsourcing (BPO) services business on 11 September 2013.
On June 28, 2018, Convergys and Synnex announced they have reached a definitive agreement in which Synnex would acquire Convergys for $2.43 billion in combined stock and cash, and integrate it with Concentrix. On October 5, 2018, Convergys Corporation and Synnex announced that they have completed the merger. The company ranked 169th on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by revenue.
- "Synnex Corporation 2017 Annual Report (Form 10-K)". sec.gov. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. January 2018.
- "Synnex names Kevin Murai co-CEO". Silicon Valley Journal. March 31, 2008.
- Munro, J. (July 25, 2010). "Synnex keeps moving despite economic slowdown". The Greenville News.
- "Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Enters into Agreement to Sell its Jack of All Games Distribution Business to SYNNEX Corporation - Business Wire". businesswire.com.
- "Concentrix Buys e4e's Divisions". India Business Insight. 6/10/2011. Check date values in:
- "Hyve and Zettaset Partner with IBM to Help Clients Tap Big Data Analytics". Database Trends and Applications. 19 June 2012.
- "IBM News room - 2013-09-10 IBM and SYNNEX Announce Strategic Partnership in Customer Care Market - United States". ibm.com.
- "SYNNEX Corporation Completes Transaction with Convergys Corporation". convergys.com. Retrieved October 5, 2018.
- "Fortune 500 Companies 2018: Who Made the List". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-11-22.