SYR3: Invito al ĉielo
|SYR3: Invito al ĉielo|
|Studio album by|
|Released||March 2, 1998|
|Sonic Youth chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
SYR3: Invito al ĉielo is an album by American alternative rock band Sonic Youth. It was released on March 2, 1998, and was the third in a series of experimental releases issued on the band's own SYR label. SYR3 marked the beginning of the band's collaborations with producer and musician Jim O'Rourke; his continuing work with the group after SYR3 resulted in O'Rourke becoming an official member of Sonic Youth by 2002's Murray Street.
SYR3 followed the band's tradition of having the liner notes for SYR releases written in foreign languages, in this case, using Esperanto. "Invito al ĉielo" translates to "An Invitation to Heaven". However, the words that Kim Gordon sang were in English.
|1.||"Invito al ĉielo" ("An Invitation to Heaven")||20:54|
|2.||"Hungara vivo" ("Hungarian Life")||6:16|
|3.||"Radio-amatoroj" ("Radio Amateurs")||29:21|
- Thurston Moore – vocals, guitar
- Kim Gordon – vocals, bass
- Lee Ranaldo – vocals, guitar
- Steve Shelley – drums
- Jim O'Rourke – bass
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "SYR 3 – Jim O'Rourke, Sonic Youth : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards : AllMusic". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- Christgau, Robert. "Robert Christgau: CG: Sonic Youth/Jim O'Rourke". robertchristgau.com. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- "Sonic Youth: Album Guide". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on June 26, 2012. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- SYR3: Invito al Ĉielo information at the band's official website
- SYR3: Invito al ĉielo at Discogs (list of releases)