This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
SYSTRA's head office in Paris
|Industry||Mass Transit and Rail|
Number of locations
|9 regions, 3500 contracts in 80 countries|
|Pierre Verzat (CEO), Elisabeth Borne (chairman of the Supervisory Board), Pierre Izard (deputy chairman of the Supervisory Board)|
|Services||Transportation planning, project management and oversight, consulting, urban and rail transport engineering|
|Revenue||623 Million €|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||MVA Hong Kong |
SYSTRA Dalco Elteknik
SYSTRA Scott Lister
SYSTRA JMP Consultants
SYSTRA SIAS Transport Planners
SYSTRA is an international engineering and consulting group specializing in rail (passenger and freight) and public transport. The equity of this limited company belongs to RATP, SNCF and French banks. It employees a staff of approximately 5,400 (2016). SYSTRA is present in 78 countries worldwide.
SYSTRA was formed from the merger of two engineering companies: SOFRERAIL, (French company for railway design and construction) created by SNCF in 1957, and SOFRETU (French company for the design and construction of urban transport), created in 1961 by RATP.
In June 2011, SYSTRA took over INEXIA, SNCF's engineering subsidiary, and XELIS, RATP's engineering subsidiary. This combination of skills from three firms has created France's number 1 public transport engineering company. It plays a leading role in the fields of high speed railways, the renovation of railway networks, automated metros and underground structures in complex urban environments. On July 1, 2012, the merger of SYSTRA, INEXIA and XELIS was confirmed.
This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (December 2017)
- 2017: Acquisitions of International Bridge Technologies (IBT)
- 2016: Acquisitions of Dalco Elteknik AB (a Swedish engineering company specialising in railway systems), Scott Lister (an Australian company specialising in systems engineering and risk management for railway sector) and SIAS Transport Planners (a company based in Edinburgh and specialized in transport planning consultancy).
- 2015: Systra has acquired JMP Consultants Ltd to strengthen its position in the UK market, by consolidating its consultancy services.
- 14th of novembre, 2015: Eckwersheim derailment: 11 deaths and 42 injured in a test train while performing the last tests before opening the LGV Est high-speed rail line.
- 2014: Systra reinforces its presence in India, through the acquisition of SAI, the Indian engineering company. SAI and SYSTRA India, the subsidiary founded in 2005, have complementary skills (environment, roads, town planning etc.).
- 2012: Merger of SYSTRA, INEXIA and XELIS 
- 2012: Systra reinforces its presence in Korea through the acquisition of BnTech, the Korea engineering company, and the name has been changed as SYSTRA Korea.
- 2011: Integration of INEXIA and XELIS
- 2010: RFF (the French railway infrastructure manager) awards the 1st railway Public Private Partnership (PPP) to a consortium led by VINCI, which includes SYSTRA, to build the South Europe Atlantic High Speed Railway (LGV Sud Europe Atlantique)
- 2007 SYSTRA takes part, alongside SNCF, in the world speed record on rails, which hit 574.8 km/h during operation V150
- 1997 SYSTRA-SOFRETU-SOFRERAIL is now called SYSTRA
- 1995 Merger of SOFRETU and SYSTRA-SOFRETU-SOFRERAIL (ex-SOFRERAIL)
- 1992 Creation of the SYSTRA S.A. GROUP / SOFRETU and SOFRERAIL come together
- 1961 SOFRETU was created by RATP
- 1957 SOFRERAIL was created by SNCF
This section does not cite any sources. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Santiago Metro: SYSTRA has been working there since 1968, has helped engineer all the lines and is currently conducting a technical assistance assignment for testing and commissioning two new automated metro lines, 3 & 6.
- Makkah Metro: SYSTRA designed this line, to facilitate the transport of 3.5 million pilgrims who gather in Makkah, 7 days a year for Hajj.
- Baku Metro: SYSTRA is in charge of engineering and has led design since 2009
- Grand Paris Express: SYSTRA is involved in several aspects, including assistance to the owner for the red line and project management for the infrastructure of line 15 (red line) between Noisy-Champs and Villejuif Louis Aragon.
- Belmopan Metro: SYSTRA is assisting the owner (Department of Transport Belize) for budget, planning, design, supervision of construction.
- Managua Metro: SYSTRA is assisting the owner (Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure Nicaragua) for budget, planning, design, supervision of construction.
- New York City Subway: SYSTRA has carried out project management assignments for East Side Access, a tunnel under the East River: budget, planning, design, supervision of construction.
- Shanghai Metro: SYSTRA in 1999 for the overall planning of Shanghai Metro.
- Port of Spain Metro: SYSTRA is assisting the owner (Ministry of Works and Transport Trinidad and Tobago) for budget, planning, design, supervision of construction.
- Bogotá Metro: SYSTRA was hired by major Enrique Peñalosa to determine and design the first line of the capital city.
- Bordeaux tram: SYSTRA has been the engineer for the tram line since the start (1997), and throughout the three phases.
- Besançon tram: SYSTRA assisted the owner throughout the whole project, and also managed the power supply, rolling stock and ticketing projects.
- Casablanca tram: SYSTRA assisted the owner throughout the project.
- Dubai – Al Safooh tram : SYSTRA is assisting the owner (Dubai Roads and Transport Authority).
- Kingston tram : SYSTRA is assisting the owner (Ministry of Transport and Works Jamaica) for planning.
- Phnom Penh tram : SYSTRA is assisting the owner (Phnom Penh Municipal Government) for planning.
- South Europe Atlantic HSR (LGV Sud Europe Atlantique): SYSTRA is the engineer in the LISEA consortium
- East European HSR 2nd phase: SYSTRA is carrying out consultancy assignments for design, project management and work supervision
- High Speed 1 (UK), Channel tunnel: SYSTRA performed consultancy assignments for design, project management, work supervision, testing and commissioning
- Bucharest-Călărași-Constanța High Speed Rail: SYSTRA is undertaking consultancy assignments for design, project management, work supervision, testing and commissioning
- Seoul-Busan High Speed Rail (Korea Train Express): SYSTRA is undertaking consultancy assignments for design, project management, work supervision, testing and commissioning
- Electrification programme in Denmark: SYSTRA is doing consultancy work for the client Banedanmark.
- North-South freight line (Saudi Arabia): SYSTRA is carrying out consultancy assignments for design, project management and work supervision.
- Ligne du Haut-Bugey (France): SYSTRA performed consultancy assignments for design, project management, work supervision, testing and commissioning for RFF
- Trans-Gabon freight line: SYSTRA carried out the preliminary studies and design of this 650 km line.
- Structural Awards 2008 presented to the St. Pancras International Station High Speed 1 project. The prize awarded to the RLE consortium (Arup, Bechtel, Halcrow, Systra) for the structural design of the buildings.
- Grand Prix National for engineering, awarded in 2008 by SYNTEC Ingénierie to Daniel DUTOIT (SYSTRA) for overall design and project management of the Dubai metro.
- Safety Award 2010 (RTA – Roads and Transport Authority, Dubai): Prize awarded to SYSTRA – PARSONS for maintaining high standards of health, safety and environment.
- MEED transport project of the year (2011) awarded to SYSTRA & Parsons for the Dubai metro red line 
- Centenary award awarded in 2013 by FIDIC for the Makkah – Mashaaer metro 
- In December 2014, the American magazine ENR (Engineering News-Record) published its annual ratings for the world's 250 most important engineering companies. SYSTRA was awarded 2nd place, with 315.4 M$ in the international Mass Transit and Rail category.
- SYSTRA. "SYSTRA acquires SAI". SYSTRA: consulting engineering firm in public/urban/railway transport - France & international.
- SYSTRA. "SYSTRA merges with INEXIA and XELIS to create the world's leading provider (...). Urban/rail/civil transport engineering consultancy, SYSTRA France & international". SYSTRA: consulting engineering firm in public/urban/railway transport - France & international.
- "Syntec ingenierie - Grand Prix 2008". syntec-ingenierie.fr. Archived from the original on 2015-01-28.
- "Burj Khalifa wins project of the year award". meed.com.
- "Al Mushaaer Mugaddasah Metro Project". fidic.org.