|Founded by||Hashomer Hatzair and
Sa'ar (Hebrew: סַעַר, lit. Storm) is a kibbutz in the western Galilee in Israel. Located near Nahariya, it falls under the jurisdiction of Mateh Asher Regional Council. In 2015 it had a population of 780.
The kibbutz was founded in August 1948 by members of the Socialist-Zionist youth movement Hashomer Hatzair and Holocaust survivors on the land of the depopulated Arab village of Az-Zeeb, south of the village site.
In August 2006, many of the kibbutz residents fled in the wake of Hezbollah rocket fire of up to 60 rockets a day. Kibbutz member David Lelchook was killed by shrapnel from a missile that hit the front yard of his home.
- "List of localities, in Alphabetical order" (PDF). Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 16 October 2016.
- Kibbutz Sa'ar website
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. p. xxi. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.
- Khalidi, Walid (1992), All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948, Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies, p. 37, ISBN 0-88728-224-5
- Rocket kills American oleh at Kibbutz Sa’ar The Jerusalem Post
- Bermad Water Control Solutions looking to float stock Haaretz
- Jerry Seinfeld show in Atlantic City