Sa 'yo Lamang
|Sa 'yo Lamang|
Theatrical movie poster
|Directed by||Laurice Guillen|
|Produced by||Charo Santos-Concio
|Written by||Ricky Lee
Ralph Jacinto Quiblat
Anna Karenina Ramos
Christopher de Leon
|Music by||Sa'yo Lamang (Performed by Juris Fernandez)|
|Cinematography||Lee Briones Meily|
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
|Box office||₱50,230,216 .|
From the director who gave us Tanging Yaman, Laurice Guillen, is back with another heart-warming family drama which teaches us about love, faith and life. Sa ‘Yo Lamang stars Christopher De Leon, Lorna Tolentino, Bea Alonzo, Coco Martin, Enchong Dee, Miles Ocampo, Shaina Magdayao and Empress Schuck.
Dianne seems to have a happy family.She and her mom just bought a house for them,her younger siblings are doing great at school, and her boyfriend of two years is already preparing for their future together. But everything in her life shatters when her dad, Franco, returns after ten years of being with his mistress. More than the irritating presence of Franco, what hurts Dianne the most is how her mom wholeheartedly accepts Franco back to live with them again, and how her siblings allow him to be their father again, as if he never left. Confused and hurt, Dianne does everything to throw Franco out of their lives. But as she succeeds with her plans, she is shocked to learn that their family’s problem is more than the return of the man who has hurt her in the past.And thus the start of the journey of Dianne and her family as they discover their family’s secrets.
Cast and characters
- Christopher De Leon as Franco Alvero - Franco is the father of Dianne, Coby, James and Lisa and also Amanda's husband.
- Lorna Tolentino as Amanda Alvero - Amanda is the mother of Dianne, Coby, James and Lisa and also Franco's wife.
- Bea Alonzo as Dianne Alvero - Dianne is Amanda and Franco's first daughter and first child also.
- Coco Martin as Coby Alvero - Coby is Amanda and Franco's first son and second child.
- Enchong Dee as James Alvero - James is Amanda and Franco's 2nd son. He is Amanda's 4th child, however, he is Franco's 3rd child.
- Miles Ocampo as Lisa Alvero - Lisa is Amanda's 3rd daughter, Franco's 4th child and Amanda's 5th child.
- Shaina Magdayao as Karen - Karen is Coby's love interest.
- Zanjoe Marudo as John - John is Dianne's future husband.
- Diether Ocampo as Paul - Paul is Dianne's ex-boy friend.
- Lauren Young as Lorraine - Lorraine is James' love interest.
- Empress Schuck as Agnes - Agnes is Amanda's 2nd daughter but 3rd child.
- Dominic Ochoa as Father Eric - He is the Alvero family friend.
- Igi Boy Flores as Kennedy - He has a crush on Lisa.
- John Manalo as young Coby Alvero - He has a crush on Dianne
This film is graded A by the Cinema Evaluation Board of the Philippines and rated PG-13 by the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board. The film lead the nominations in 27th PMPC Star Awards for Movies, having thirteen nominations, but the film failed to win any of the awards. The Film Academy of the Philippines awarded Lorna Tolentino the Best Actress of the year award during the 29th Luna Awards.
The film had international screenings on September 17, 2010 in select cities in the United States such as Las Vegas, NV, San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, San Diego, CA, Seattle, WA, Honolulu, HI, Bergenfield, NJ, Milpitas, CA, Chicago, IL. It will also have screenings in Ontario, Canada, Alberta, Vancouver, Canada, and Guam.
|2011||GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards||Prince of Philippine Movies||Coco Martin||Won|
- Quintos, Napoleon (17 April 2010). "Lorna Tolentino is excited about returning to movies with 'Sa 'Yo Lamang'". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 18 April 2010.
- "Sa 'Yo Lamang will mark 17th anniversary of Star Cinema". PEP.ph. 5 August 2010. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- "PEP REVIEW: Sa 'Yo Lamang will not disappoint viewers looking for inspiration". PEP.ph. 2 September 2010. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- -and- Sigwa- lead-nominations-at-the-27th-Star-Awards-for-Movies Sa 'Yo Lamang and Sigwa lead nominations at the 27th Star Awards for Movies
- <Doplhy and Lorna Tolentino win top acting honors at 29th Luna Awards
- "42nd Box-Office Entertainment Awards honors outstanding actors and actresses of 2010". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-05-21.