Saab 340 AEW&C
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Saab 340 AEW&C |
S 100 Argus
|An S 100B Argus at Malmen in 2010|
|Primary users||Swedish Air Force|
Pakistan Air Force
Royal Thai Air Force
United Arab Emirates Air Force
|Developed from||Saab 340|
Six S 100B Argus aircraft were produced for the Swedish Air Force, four of which are permanently equipped with the Erieye active electronically scanned array (AESA) early warning radar and two fitted for transport missions during peacetime.
Two modified planes were loaned to Greece prior to the delivery of EMB-145 Erieye systems, which commenced in 2003.
In July 2006, Saab was awarded a contract to upgrade two of the Swedish Air Force's S 100B aircraft for surveillance missions and for deployment in multi-national operations. The upgraded Saab 340 AEW-300 aircraft, are planned to enter service by 2009.
In November 2007, Thailand announced the intention to buy two S 100B AEW aircraft from the Swedish Air Force.
- Saab 340B AEW / S 100B Argus
- (FSR-890) Erieye, for the Thai Air Force.
- Saab 340B AEW-200
- (IS-340) Erieye
- Saab 340B AEW-300 / S 100D Argus
- (ASC-890) Erieye
Specifications (Saab 340 AEW&C)
Data from 
- Crew: 6
- Length: 20.57 m (67 ft 5 27/32 in)
- Wingspan: 21.44 m (70 ft 4 3/32 in)
- Height: 6.97 m (22 ft 10 13/32 in)
- Empty weight: 10300 kg (22707 lb)
- Gross weight: 13155 kg (29001.8 lb) each
- Endurance: 5+ hours
- Service ceiling: 7,620 m (25,000 ft)
- "Flygplan S 100 B" (in Swedish). forsvarsmakten.se. Archived from the original on 2011-08-12. Retrieved 2011-08-02.
- "Aerial Eyes: Pakistans New AWACS Fleets". Archived from the original on 2016-01-31. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- "Pakistan Air Force receives AEW&C radar equipment from Saab". Air Force Technology. 16 April 2019. Archived from the original on 16 April 2019. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- Gebhardt, Henrik. "Nytt system för flygburen stridsledning". Archived from the original on 2014-02-25. Retrieved 2014-02-21.
- Gripen International Archived 2010-02-04 at the Wayback Machine Gripen agreement between Sweden and Thailand signed.
- "Thailand Buying JAS-39 Gripens, AWACS". Archived from the original on 2011-02-14. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
- "Gripeny operacyjne w Tajlandii - Altair Agencja Lotnicza". Archived from the original on 2011-07-15.
- "Saab signs contract with United Arab Emirates for airborne surveillance system" (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
- http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/s100b_argus/[unreliable source?]
- Fredriksson, Urban (2004-06-07). "Saab 340 AEW". Sweden. Archived from the original on 20 October 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- Försvarsmakten. "S 100 D". Archived from the original on 2015-03-25. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to S 100B Argus.|