Saanane Island National Park
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Saanane Island National Park|
|Area||2.18 square kilometres (0.84 sq mi)|
|Visitors||5,278 (in 2012)|
|Governing body||Tanzania National Parks Authority|
Saanane Island National Park is a Tanzanian national park in Mwanza. The park is located on an island in Lake Victoria and can be reached by boat in about 10 minutes, from the TANAPA offices on Capri Point in Mwanza town.
- "Tanzania National parks Corporate Information". Tanzania Parks. TANAPA. Archived from the original on 17 September 2008. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "SAANANE ISLAND DECLARED NATIONAL PARK". TANAPA. 3 September 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Nkwame, Marc (4 September 2013). "Saa-Nane Island becomes fully fledged park". Daily News (Tanzania). Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- Philemon, Lusekelo (5 September 2013). "Saanane Island officially declared 16th National Park". IPP Media. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- Nkwame, Marc (8 September 2013). "Rocking and rolling on Saa Nane Island Park". Daily News (Tanzania). Retrieved 9 September 2013.
|This Africa protected areas related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Mwanza Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|