Sabah Heritage Party
|Deputy Leader||Ignatius Darell Leiking|
|Secretary General||Loretto Damien S. Padua Jr|
|Founded||17 October 2016|
|Preceded by||Sabah Heritage Development Party (Parti Pembangunan Warisan Sabah)|
|Headquarters||No 8, Aras 1, Lorong Kompleks BSA, Kolombong, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah|
|National affiliation||Pakatan Harapan |
(Allied parties) (2018-) [note 1]
|Colours||Light blue, dark blue and red|
|Slogan||In God We Trust, Change We Must!|
Sabah Ubah! (Change Sabah)
1 / 70
9 / 222
|Sabah State Legislative Assembly:|
32 / 64
Sabah Heritage Party or Malay: Parti Warisan Sabah (WARISAN) is a regional Sabah-based party in Malaysia. The party was formed on 17 October 2016, founded by Shafie Apdal. The party was formerly named as Sabah Heritage Development Party (Parti Pembangunan Warisan Sabah).
The party secured an electoral pact with the Democratic Action Party (DAP) and People's Justice Party (PKR) in the 2018 general election, with Shafie promising that Warisan would be represented on the federal cabinet if the Pakatan Harapan (PH) coalition came to power, adding that through the electoral pact they will "only work together, not joining the PH pact as their party will only contest in Sabah". The party became part of the government coalition when PH won the 2018 general election.
- Deputy President:
- Jaujan Sambakong
- Junz Wong
- Peter Anthony
- Loretto Damien S. Padua Jr
- Terence Siambun
- Wira Chief:
- Wirawati Chief:
Dewan Negara (Senate)
- His Majesty's appointee:
- Theodore Douglas Lind
Dewan Rakyat (House of Representatives)
WARISAN has 9 MP's in the House of Representatives.
|Sabah||P169||Kota Belud||Isnaraissah Munirah Majilis||WARISAN|
|P174||Penampang||Ignatius Dorell Leiking||WARISAN|
|P185||Batu Sapi||Liew Vui Keong||WARISAN|
|Total||F.T. Labuan (1), Sabah (8)|
Dewan Undangan Negeri (State Legislative Assembly)
WARISAN state governments
|State||Leader type||Member||Party||State Constituency|
|Sabah||Chief Minister||Shafie Apdal||WARISAN||Senallang|
- "Warisan and Pakatan Harapan team up in Sabah for Malaysia elections". The Straits Times. 2 April 2018. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
Mr Shafie said that WARISAN was not contesting in Peninsular Malaysia, but is ready to work with Pakatan Harapan (PH), without a pact, at the national level. We are a multi-racial party, we don't want to follow the PH coalition style in Peninsular Malaysia. When they form the government in Putrajaya, we will have ministers in the federal cabinet from WARISAN and the WARISAN (Sabah state) government will also have ministers from PH. Speaking to more than 5,000 party members at the assembly with the theme "In God We Trust, Change We Must", he urged all of them to prepare for the election.
- Ruzaini Zulkepli (29 April 2018). "Kenapa takut dengan slogan 'Sabah Ubah'? - Shafie Apdal" (in Malay). Astro Awani. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "Shafie's Party Name, Logo Approved, To Be Called 'Parti Warisan Sabah'". New Straits Times. Malaysian Digest. 17 October 2016. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- "Parti Warisan Sabah is new name of Shafie-led party". Bernama. The Sun. 17 October 2016. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- "Shafie's Parti Warisan Sabah name change okayed". Daily Express. 18 October 2016. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "Warisan seals electoral pact with DAP and PKR". Malaysiakini. 2 April 2018. Retrieved 2 April 2018. (subscription required)
- Suzianah Jiffar (2 April 2018). "Warisan will work only with Pakatan Harapan for GE14". New Straits Times. Retrieved 2 April 2018.