This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sabak (Chinese: 沙白) is a coastal town in Sabak Bernam District, Selangor, Malaysia. It is situated on the northwestern corner of Selangor, just south of the Bernam River, Selangor's natural border with Perak.
Major economic activities in the town are palm oil plantations ran by individuals as well as private organizations such as Sime Darby. This town is undergoing infrastructure development with added shops and drainage systems.
Politics and government
Sabak town, along with the entire Sabak Bernam constituency, forms the municipal area of the Sabak Bernam District Council (Majlis Daerah Sabak Bernam).
Sabak Bernam is inaccessible from any railway/metro service, though there is a daily bus service, known as the Sabak Bernam-Kuala Lumpur Ekspres, running seven trips a day from Pudu Sentral ( LRT Plaza Rakyat/ MRT Merdeka) to Sabak Bernam, Sekinchan, Sungai Besar and as far as Teluk Intan.
Places of Worships
- Masjid Jamek Sultan Hishamuddin
- Lord Murugan Temple
- Chinese Temple
- Maahad Sultan Salahuddin Abd Aziz Shah
- Tengku Ampuan Jemaah Hospital
- Maybank Branch Sabak Bernam
- Public Bank Branch Sabak Bernam
- Bank Simpanan Nasional Branch Sabak Bernam
- Oil Stations - Shell, Petronas, BP, Caltex
- Police Station Sabak Bernam
- Restaurants - Restoran Haziq, Restoran Al-Iman(RSK), Restoran Toman, KFC
- MDSB Food Corners - Ali Mamak Corner(No.32)
- Good Stores - 7 Eleven, 99 Speedmart, Ten Ten Hypermarket, Billion Hypermarket
- 4 Digit Number Betting Stores - Magnum Corporation, Damacai, Sports Toto
- SJK (T) Ladang Torkington - (Primary School)
- SJK (C) Lum Hua - (Primary School)
- SK Khir Johari - (Primary School)
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Dr. Abdul Latiff - (Primary School)
- Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra - (Secondary School)
- Sekolah Menengah Ungku Aziz - (Secondary School)
- Sekolah Agama Menengah Muhammadiah Pekan Sabak
- Ministry of Higher Education (Malaysia) 's Polytechnic of Sultan Idris Shah (PSIS), Sg Lang
- Institut Perakaunan Negara (IPN), Sg Lang
- Institut Latihan Dan Dakwah Selangor (ILDAS), Sg Lang
- Ministry of Higher Education (Malaysia) 's Community College of Sabak Bernam
Sabak is also name of a Hindi movie starring Shatrughan Sinha, released in 1973.
|This Selangor location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|