October 5, 1970
|Other names||S. D. Sabha, Sabapathy, Sabha Kailash|
|Occupation||Indian Film Director|
|Years active||1992-till date|
Sabapathy Dekshinamurthy started his career after completing his DFT in M.G.R. Government Film and Television Training Institute, formerly known as the Adyar Film Institute and started his career in 1992 with Bharathan. Bharathan was the first Tamil film to become a blockbuster that ran for 100 days in Kerala. After that he went on to direct hit films Sundara Purushan, V.I.P, Punnagai Poove and critically acclaimed Naam. Sundara Purushan was remade in Telugu as Andala Ramudu in 2006.
Sabapathy briefly worked on the production of a family drama film titled Maa during 2009, featuring Prithviraj, Srikanth, Bhumika Chawla and Madhu Shalini. Despite having a photoshoot and a first schedule in Rameswaram, the film ran into financial difficulties and was later shelved.
|2009||A Aa E Ee||Tamil|
- "Director Sabapathy turns to be busy bee". Kollywood Today. 13 October 2008. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- "Cinema Plus / Cinema : Back after a break". The Hindu. 12 December 2008. Archived from the original on 15 December 2008. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- cinesouth. "Dailynews - Sabapathy's '16'". Cinesouth.com. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- "Events - '16' Movie Launch". IndiaGlitz. 15 October 2008. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- "Entertainment News: Latest Bollywood & Hollywood News, Today's Entertainment News Headlines". Archived from the original on 26 March 2006.