|Full name||Mohammad Sabbir Rahman|
22 November 1991|
|Height||5 ft 6.5 in (169 cm)|
|Bowling||Right-arm leg break|
|Role||Batting All Rounder, Top-order Batsman|
|Test debut (cap 81)||20 October 2016 v England|
|Last Test||28 September 2017 v South Africa|
|ODI debut (cap 113)||21 November 2014 v Zimbabwe|
|Last ODI||28 July 2018 v West Indies|
|ODI shirt no.||1|
|T20I debut (cap 42)||14 February 2014 v Sri Lanka|
|Last T20I||5 June 2018 v Afghanistan|
|Domestic team information|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 28 July 2018
Sabbir Rahman (born 22 November 1991) is a Bangladeshi cricketer. He is from Rajshahi and besides national team he also plays for Rajshahi Division. He is an All-Rounder. Sabbir is a right-handed batsman and legbreak bowler. Sabbir Rahman was also captain of the Bangladesh Under 19's team. Known as one of the clean strikers for the ball in Bangladesh team.
He studied at American International University Of Bangladesh.
He made his One Day International (ODI) debut for Bangladesh against Zimbabwe on 21 November 2014. Sabbir was the top run scorer for Bangladesh in 2016 Asia Cup, where they beat UAE, Sri Lanka and Pakistan to go into the final with India. They lost to India in a group match and in the final. Sabbir was outstanding with the batting as he scored 174 runs with an average of 44.00 and strike rate of 123.94, and played a major part of Bangladeshi batting unit and was selected as 'Player of the series'. He scored a fifty in the match against Sri Lanka, where it was the first time that Bangladesh beat Sri Lanka in a T20I.
Sabbir Rahman has been involved in numerous disciplinary issues.
On 29 November 2016, Rahman, along with Al-Amin Hossain, were fined 30% and 50% of their BPL contracts respectively by the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) for "serious off-field disciplinary breaches".
On 1 January 2018, Rahman was stripped of his central contract, barred from playing domestic cricket for 6 months, and fined Tk 20 lakh (USD 25,000) by the BCB for an incident that happened on 21 December 2017 during Rajshahi Division's first class match against Dhaka Metropolis. During the incident, Rahman went behind a sight screen and assaulted a young boy who had made a noise towards him during an innings break on the second day of the match. Rahman was questioned by the match referee on day three, at which point Rahman got "physically aggressive".
On 28 July, the BCB started investigations after Rahman allegedly threatened two fans on Facebook following a ODI loss to West Indies. The incident started when one of the fans made a sarcastic comment regarding Rahman's form on the account of "Shabbir Rahaman Roman", which is believed to be Rahman's personal Facebook account. Rahman then responded by allegedly sending messages containing foul language and threats of physical harm. In September 2018, the BCB recommended a six-month suspension from international cricket.
- "Sabbir Rahman". Cricinfo. Retrieved 17 December 2010.
- "Sabbir Rahman: The Rising Star – Search English". Search English. 2016-04-29. Archived from the original on 2016-05-08. Retrieved 2017-04-04.
- "Zimbabwe tour of Bangladesh, 1st ODI: Bangladesh v Zimbabwe at Chittagong, Nov 21, 2014". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "Asia Cup T20 2016: Sabbir Rahman, Bangladesh's new hope with the bat". cricketcountry.com. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- Isam, Mohammad (28 February 2016). "Sabbir's one-man act too much for Sri Lanka". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- "Sabbir, bowlers earn Bangladesh first T20 win against Sri Lanka". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- "England tour of Bangladesh, 1st Test: Bangladesh v England at Chittagong, Oct 20 ,2016". Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- "Cricket Records | Bangladesh Premier League | Records | High scores | ESPN Cricinfo". Cricinfo. Retrieved 2017-04-04.
- "Sabbir, Al-Amin fined for "serious off-field disciplinary breach"". ESPNCricinfo. 29 November 2016. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- Isam, Mohammad (28 December 2017). "Sabbir Rahman being investigated for allegedly assaulting fan". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- Isam, Mohammad (1 January 2018). "Sabbir Rahman loses BCB central contract, fined and suspended". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- "Social-media fracas brings Sabbir Rahman under BCB scanner". ESPNCricinfo. 28 July 2018. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- "Sabbir Rahman faces six-month ban from international cricket". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 1 September 2018.