Sabbatelli in April 2018
|Birth name||Sabatino Piscitelli|
August 24, 1983|
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
|Residence||Orlando, Florida, United States|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Billed weight||240 lb (110 kg)|
|Billed from||Boca Raton, Florida|
|Trained by||WWE Performance Center|
|Debut||April 4, 2015|
Sabatino "Sabby" Piscitelli (born August 24, 1983) is an American professional wrestler and former American football safety. He is currently signed to WWE's developmental territory NXT, where he performs under the ring name Tino Sabbatelli.
Prior to joining WWE, Piscitelli played six years in the NFL. He was originally drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the second round (64th overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft. He also played for the Cleveland Browns and Kansas City Chiefs. He played collegiately at Oregon State.
Piscitelli began his football career at Boca Raton High School. He began playing as a junior in high school, playing both defensive back and wide receiver. He received second team all-state honors as a senior, and received four letters as an outfielder for the school's baseball team.
College football career
Piscitelli in 2011.
|No. 21, 28, 48, 42|
August 24, 1983|
Boca Raton, Florida
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||221 lb (100 kg)|
|High school:||Boca Raton (FL)|
|NFL Draft:||2007 / Round: 2 / Pick: 64|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
GP – Games Played, T – Tackles, AT – Assisted Tackles, TFL – Tackles for Loss, FF – Forced Fumbles, FR – Fumbles Recovered, PD – Passes Defensed, INTs – Interceptions, TDs – Touchdowns
† All-Pac 10 Honourable Mention 
‡ All-Pac 10 First Team 
Professional football career
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Piscitelli received an invitation to attend the NFL Combine due to his outstanding performance in his last year at Oregon State University. He posted the fastest pro agility time of 2006, ran a 4.44 second 40-yard dash, and bench pressed 225 lbs for 19 reps. He was selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft. In his rookie season, he broke his right foot and was placed on the injured reserve. On November 30, 2010 the Buccaneers released him.
Piscitelli was signed by the Cleveland Browns on December 1, 2010. He became a free agent after the season.
Kansas City Chiefs
Piscitelli signed with the Kansas City Chiefs on August 4, 2011.
GP – Games Played, ST – Solo Tackles, AT – Assisted Tackles, FF – Forced Fumbles, PD – Passes Defensed, INTs – Interceptions, TDs – Touchdowns
Professional wrestling career
In October 2014, Piscitelli signed a developmental contract with WWE and began training to become a professional wrestler at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. He made his in-ring debut for WWE's developmental territory, NXT, at a live event on April 4, 2015, competing unsuccessfully in a battle royal. After ten months of training, he suffered a concussion during an NXT live event. In October 2015, he was given the ring name Anthony Sabatelli, later tweaked to Tino Sabbatelli. He was featured on an exclusive TV show on the WWE Network called Breaking Ground, which featured his NXT training.
Sabbatelli made his televised debut on the October 12, 2016, episode of NXT, teaming with Riddick Moss in a loss to TM-61 in the first round of the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. He made a further appearance on the January 4, 2017, episode of NXT, again teaming with Moss in a defeat to The Revival. Sabbatelli appeared again on the May 10 episode of NXT, teaming with Moss in a loss to DIY. He had his first televised singles match on the September 20 episode of NXT, losing to Johnny Gargano. Sabbatelli and Moss had their first televised victory on the October 25 episode of NXT, defeating the team of Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch. In early 2018, Sabbatelli and Moss entered the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic losing to Sanity in the first round. After a string of losses, Sabbatelli turned on Moss. He suffered a torn pectoral muscle at the end of April and underwent surgery.
Championships and accomplishments
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- "Tino Sabbatelli". WWE.
- "WWE Breaking Ground debut episode: behind the scenes at NXT". 26 October 2015.
- "NFL owners won't run hurry-up offense vs. players". 2 March 2011.
- Hatch, Brooks (4 Aug 2002). "A far-fetched recruiting tale for OSU". Corvallis Gazette-Times. Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- http://www.osubeavers.com/fls/30800/Football/FB%20Stats/2003/teamcume.htm?DB_OEM_ID=30800#TEAM.DEF Archived 2015-09-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.osubeavers.com/fls/30800/Football/FB%20Stats/2004/teamcume.htm?DB_OEM_ID=30800#TEAM.DEF Archived 2016-03-05 at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.osubeavers.com/fls/30800/Football/FB%20Stats/2005/teamcume.htm?DB_OEM_ID=30800#TEAM.DEF Archived 2015-09-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.osubeavers.com/fls/30800/Football/FB%20Stats/2006/teamcume.htm?DB_OEM_ID=30800#TEAM.DEF Archived 2016-03-05 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Sabby Piscitelli". www.osubeavers.com.
- "Sabby Piscitelli - Oregon State, SS : 2007 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". www.nfldraftscout.com.
- "Piscitelli ready to compete". Retrieved 2008-08-20.[dead link]
- "Sabby Piscitelli". NFL.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-28. Retrieved 2014-10-27.[unreliable source?]
- WWE NXT Rookies Get Ring Time[unreliable source]
- Breacking Ground S01 E01. WWE.
- "Johnny Gargano def. Tino Sabbatelli".
- Namako, Jason (May 8, 2018). "NXT star out for several months with torn pectoral, WWE to be featured on "Undercover Boss"". WrestleView. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- Mushnick, Phil (21 Dec 2008). "ITALIAN-AMERICANS STILL FAIR GAME FOR CHEAP LAUGHS". New York Post. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- Middleton, Marc (29 June 2016). "Brother Of WWE NXT Star Works TV Match, WWE Announcer Filming Movie This Summer, Attendance". Wrestling Inc. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- "Lilian is Live from Wrestlemania 34!". PodcastOne. 9 April 2018. Retrieved 30 June 2018.
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2017". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved September 1, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sabby Piscitelli.|