||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sabine Christiansen (* 20 September 1957 in Preetz) is a German journalist and television presenter.
After finishing school in Preetz, Christiansen worked at Lufthansa from 1976 to 1982, then apprenticed in journalism at the Norddeutscher Rundfunk in Hamburg until 1985. She ultimately became a regular presenter for the ARD's national TV news journal Tagesthemen. Upon leaving Tagesthemen in January 1998, she hosted her own eponymous talk show, Sabine Christiansen, which ran until 2007.
In 2015 she signed an open letter which the ONE Campaign had been collecting signatures for; the letter was addressed to Angela Merkel and Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, urging them to focus on women as they serve as the head of the G7 in Germany and the AU in South Africa respectively, which will start to set the priorities in development funding before a main UN summit in September 2015 that will establish new development goals for the generation.
- Arqueonautas GmbH (ARQ), Member of the Advisory Board (since 2012)
- Freenet AG, Member of the Supervisory Board (since 2012)
- Hermes Europe GmbH, Member of the Supervisory Board (since 2013)
- Hertha BSC Foundation, Chairwoman of the Board of Trustees (since 2009)
- Laureus Sport for Good Foundation Germany/Austria, Deputy Chairwoman (since 2012)
- UNICEF National Committee of Germany, Member
- 1990: Goldene Kamera, Bambi
- 1992: Bayerischer Fernsehpreis
- 1995: Adolf Grimme Award
- 1996: Goldener Löwe
- 2001: Bambi, Courage Award
- 2002: Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany, Legion of Honour, Deutscher Fernsehpreis
- 2005: Women's World Award
- Sabine Christiansen at the Internet Movie Database
- website by company of Sabine Christiansen
- Jens König: H.-U. Jörges and „Christiansen“: Stimmungsmacher der Hartz-Republik, taz, 31 May 2006
- LobbyControl: Sabine Christiansen – Schaubühne der Einflussreichen und Meinungsmacher, 7 September 2006
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung – Wie eine Unpolitische Politik machte. 10 February 2007
- Sabine Christiansens Abschied. Spiegel Online, 24 June 2007
- Tracy McVeigh. "Poverty is sexist: leading women sign up for global equality | Life and style". The Guardian. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- Arqueonautas gründet Beirat Otto Group, press release of September 18, 2012.
- freenet AG: Sabine Christiansen ist neues Mitglied im Aufsichtsrat Freenet AG, press release of February 25, 2015.
- Board of Trustees Hertha BSC Foundation
- Board Laureus Sport for Good Foundation Germany/Austria.
- General Assembly of Members UNICEF Deutschland.
- Berliner Kurier:Sabine Christiansen und ihr Jeans-Millionär