Edenbridge performing in 2006
|Genres||Symphonic metal, power metal, progressive metal|
|Labels||EOne Entertainment, SPV, Marquee Avalon, Soyuz, Rock Empire, Evolution Music|
|Associated acts||Beto Vázquez Infinity, Serenity, Angra, Gandalf, Missa Mercuria, Power Quest, Michael Bormann|
Edenbridge was formed in 1998 by guitarist and keyboardist Lanvall, singer Sabine Edelsbacher, and bassist Kurt Bednarsky. The line-up was completed when drummer Roland Navratil joined the band. Edenbridge entered the recording studio in 1999, signing a recorded contract with Massacre Records the same year. In the following year, their debut album Sunrise in Eden was released.
The band added a second guitarist, Georg Edelmann, to its line-up in February 2000, but his stay with the band was to be a short one. When he left in January 2001, he was replaced by Andreas Eiblar. Under this line-up, Edenbridge released the album Arcana (2001). During a tour in 2002, Edenbridge's bassist and founding member Kurt Bednarsky left the band. In December 2003, the album Aphelion was released.
Their next album, recorded live and entitled A Livetime In Eden, was released in August 2004, followed by the studio album Shine in October. At that time, a new bassist, Frank Bindig, joined the band. In December the same year, guitarist Andreas Eibler left the band and was replaced by Martin Mayr.
Napalm Records, more personnel changes
The Grand Design (2006), their fifth studio album, was recorded at Lanvall's studio Farpoint Station and was released on 19 May 2006 in Europe, and on 30 January 2007 in America. The single "For Your Eyes Only" was released on 21 April 2006 featuring the album track "Evermore" and a cover version of the James Bond theme of "For Your Eyes Only", the first cover the band ever recorded. The following year, Edenbridge signed a worldwide deal with Napalm Records.
Edenbridge released MyEarthDream in April 2008. The album features the Czech Film Orchestra, with arrangements by Enrique Ugarte. In November 2008 bass player Frank Bindig left, and he was replaced the next year by Simon Holzknecht; Dominik Sebastian joined on guitar. A few days later, on 4 May 2009, Edenbridge released LiveEarthDream, a limited-edition live album recorded in 2008.
In 2012, the band asked fans to help sponsor the new album's orchestra recordings. In late 2012, all orchestra and drum recordings had been completed. Bassist Wolfgang Rothbauer who formerly played for Disbelief and Zombie Inc. joined Edenbridge in 2013. The eighth studio album The Bonding was released in June 2013.
Lanvall and Sabine began a side project, "Voiciano", in February 2014. It focuses exclusively on acoustical music and released their first album, Everflow, in 2014.
In November 2014 the band announced their first video album, called A Decade and a Half... The History So Far to celebrate their 15th anniversary. The video album contains early beginnings of the band, tour and studio documentaries and live concerts from 1998 to 2014. The album was released on 8 May 2015.
- Sunrise in Eden (2000)
- Arcana (2001)
- Aphelion (2003)
- Shine (2004)
- The Grand Design (2006)
- My Earth Dream (2008)
- Solitaire (2010)
- The Bonding (2013)
- The Great Momentum (2017)
- A Livetime in Eden (2004)
- LiveEarthDream (2009)
- The Chronicles of Eden (2007)
- "Shine" (2004)
- "For Your Eyes Only" (2006)
- "Shiantara" (2016)
- A Decade and a Half... The History So Far (2015)
- "Edenbridge: New album title revealed". Blabbermouth.net. 2007-10-11. Archived from the original on 2007-10-12. Retrieved 2007-10-11.
- "Verstärkung bei Edenbridge!" [Edenbridge Gets Support!]. Orkus (in German). 30 April 2009. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Edenbridge – Longplay-Chartverfolgung". Musicline.de (in German). Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- "Edenbridge parts ways with bassist, seeks replacement". Blabbermouth. 24 February 2010. Archived from the original on 6 June 2011. Retrieved 24 February 2010.
- "Studio Update!". Edenbridge official website. November 2012. Retrieved 29 December 2013.
- Peters, Jens; Jaedike, Jan (2013). "The Bonding". Rock Hard (in German). No. 314.
- "Edenbridge". Hitparade.ch. Retrieved 3 March 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Edenbridge.|