Getty in 2016
|Other names||Sabine G|
|Alma mater||Gemological Institute of America|
|Occupation||Jewelry designer, socialite|
Joseph Getty (m. 2015)
Sabine Getty (née Ghanem) is a Swiss-born English jewelry designer and socialite.
Ghanem was born and raised in Geneva, Switzerland. Her father is a Lebanese financier and her mother, Karine Ratl, is an Egyptian interior decorator. Ghanem speaks English, French and Arabic. She studied theatre and opera before switching to design. She graduated from the Gemological Institute of America in 2012 before moving to London.
Her jewelry line "Sabine G.", is based in London and sold at Bergdorf Goodman in New York, Maxfield in Los Angeles, Browns in London, Montaigne Market in Paris, and in stores in Monaco, Vienna, and Beirut.
Ghanem married hedge fund manager Joseph Getty, son of Mark Getty and Domitilla Harding and a grandson of Sir John Paul Getty, in 2015 in a Catholic ceremony at the Basilica of the Twelve Apostles in Rome, Italy. Her dress was a custom made haute couture gown by Schiaparelli with a hooded cloak designed by Lesage and Charlotte Olympia heels.
Wedding guests included Princess Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis, Princess Beatrice of York, Ginevra Elkann, Lady Getty, Charlotte Olympia Dellal, Pierre Casiraghi, Julia Restoin Roitfeld, and Bianca Brandolini d’Adda. A party celebrating the wedding celebrations was hosted at the Palazzo Taverna. The wedding reception was held at the Castle Odescalchi.
In 2019 Getty and her husband were featured in Tatler's 'Social Power List' alongside Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge as having significant social influence in the United Kingdom.
In 2017 Getty gave birth to a daughter, Gene Honor Getty. In 2019 she gave birth to a son, Jupiter Mark Getty.
- Bagley, Christopher. "Jewelry Designer Sabine Getty Rocks the Boat". W Magazine. Retrieved 2017-05-20.
- Garnett, Daisy. "Sabine Ghanem's Multifaceted Appeal". W Magazine.
- "The Girl: Sabine Ghanem". Coveteur. January 9, 2014.
- "About". Sabine G. Archived from the original on 20 January 2016.
- "Sabine Getty". Sabine Getty. Retrieved 2017-05-20.
- "Sabine Ghanem and Joseph Getty's Wedding in Rome". Vogue.
- "Sabine Ghanem and Joseph Getty's Wedding in Rome". Vogue. Retrieved 2017-05-20.
- "Sabine Ghanem's Fairy-Tale Wedding to Joseph Getty at a Castle in Rome". Vogue.
- "Inside Sabine G's Glamorous Italian Wedding". Harper's BAZAAR. June 1, 2015.
- "Harry and Meghan outranked by Kate and William on 'most socially significant' list". The Independent. 2019-06-30. Retrieved 2019-07-04.
- "Sabine Getty Rides the Baby Wave". Vogue Arabia. March 22, 2017.