Born and raised in (Germany) in 1980, Römer started creating jewellery and sculptures out of precious metal and gemstones at the age of 15. She graduated as one of the youngest-ever Masters from Germany's Pforzheim Goldsmith and Watchmaker School. There, Römer mastered a wide range of jewellery-making techniques, including stone cutting, carving, stonesetting, design and gemmology.
In 2004, Römer started to work for British jeweller Stephen Webster in London.
In 2007, she founded Sabine Roemer Ltd.
Römer, along with partner Hermione Underwood, co-founded the London jewellery line Atelier Romy.
In 2009, Morgan Freeman bought Römer's jewelled sculpture of Nelson Mandela's hand, named "Masincedane", which means ‘the hand that helps others’.
In 2010 Freeman commissioned Römer to create a diamond and emerald-encrusted version of the 46664 Bangle. The actor wore the bracelet to the Academy Awards as a nominee for his role in the film, Invictus, before it was finally auctioned off at the South Africa Football World Cup.
For Elephant Parade, the world's largest open-air art exhibition to save the Asian Elephant, Römer created three life-size art elephants: Emerald Queen (London, 2010), Madonnina (Milan, 2011) and Pretty & Pink (Singapore, 2012). Part of all auction proceeds of the statues go to charity.
Römer is part of the Hot 100 professional jewellers and one of the 17 trendsetters for 2010.
Römer was nominated for the Jewellery Designer of the Year category at the UK Jewellery Awards 2010.
- Akdeniz, Eliz (28 March 2018). "Introducing the jewellery brand that's all about less is more". Evening Standard. Archived from the original on 28 March 2018. Retrieved 12 February 2020.
- Wong, Zara (9 March 2017). "The jewellery duo whose new line looks more expensive than it really is". Vogue. Archived from the original on 13 February 2020. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- "Young talented artist Sabine Roemer". Womenist.net. Archived from the original on 18 October 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "SABINE ROEMER LIMITED". cdrex.com. 9 January 2011. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Morgan Freeman and Lori McCreary wearing Sabine Roemer 46664 African Emerals Bangles". bangles.46664.com. Archived from the original on 26 April 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Trunk Show". Vogue. UK. 25 June 2010. Archived from the original on 9 March 2016. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Launch of Elephant Parade Gallery stores and tangs christmas light". elephantparade.com. 16 November 2011. Archived from the original on 25 November 2011. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Ethical jewels". The Jewellery Editor. 11 August 2010. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- "PROFESSIONAL JEWELLER HOT 100: 2010 Trendsetters". professionaljeweller.com. Archived from the original on 2 January 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2011.