|Member of the California State Assembly|
from the 60th district
|Assumed office |
December 5, 2016
|Preceded by||Eric Linder|
|Born||October 24, 1987|
|Education||University of California, Riverside (BA)|
Sabrina Cervantes (born October 24, 1987) is an American politician serving as a member of the California State Assembly. A Democrat, she represents the 60th Assembly District, which encompasses the northwestern Riverside County communities of Corona, Eastvale, Jurupa Valley, Norco, and parts of the City of Riverside.
Early life and education
Cervantes was born and raised in Riverside County, California. She earned a Bachelor of Arts in political science with a minor in public policy from the University of California, Riverside. She also completed an Executive Education program at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
Before being elected, Cervantes served as a District Director for a member of the California State Assembly, and the Director of the California Voter Project. She also worked in the private sector alongside various community organizations to enhance the local economy, broaden access to quality education, and improve access to governmental services. She is currently a member of the Human Rights Campaign, The PICK Group of Young Professionals, and serves on the Advisory Board for the University of California, Riverside School of Public Policy. She has previously served on the board of directors for the UCR Chicano Latino Alumni Association, and non-profit organizations TruEvolution and Women Wonder Writers.
She is the Chair of the Assembly Committee on Jobs, Economic Development, and the Economy; and the Assembly Select Committee on Veteran Employment and Education. Cervantes is also a member of the Assembly committees on Banking & Finance; Communications & Conveyance; and Public Employees & Retirement.
2016 California State Assembly election
|Republican||Eric Linder (incumbent)||30,048||45.6|
|Republican||Eric Linder (incumbent)||64,710||45.5|
2018 California State Assembly election
|Democratic||Sabrina Cervantes (incumbent)||27,241||47.1|
|Democratic||Sabrina Cervantes (incumbent)||67,950||54.1|
2020 California State Assembly election
|Democratic||Sabrina Cervantes (incumbent)||46,511||54.4%|
|Democratic||Sabrina Cervantes (incumbent)||110,133||56.4|
- "Biography". Official Website - Assemblymember Sabrina Cervantes Representing the 60th California Assembly District. February 6, 2020. Retrieved September 24, 2020.
- Mott, Courtney. "Cervantes, Sabrina". LGBTQ Victory Fund. Retrieved September 24, 2020.
- "Assemblymember Sabrina Cervantes Biography"
- "California Latino Legislative Caucus Membership Directory"
- "California Latino Legislative Caucus Current Members"
- "California Legislative LGBT Caucus"
- "Political Notebook: List of out CA Statehouse 2016 candidates expands". Bay Area Reporter, November 26, 2015.
- "Assemblymember Sabrina Cervantes Committees"
- "California Assemblywoman Sabrina Cervantes has triplets". The Press Democrat. December 16, 2019. Retrieved January 23, 2020.
- Rosenhall, Laurel (November 7, 2017). "Millennial legislator who turned a red district purple is now a prime target". CalMatters. Retrieved January 23, 2020.
- "Riverside Co. Assemblywoman Sabrina Cervantes Makes History With Birth of Triplets". KTLA, December 16, 2019.