|Alma mater||University of Delhi (BSc)|
|Feluda film series;|
Kakababu film series
|Political party||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|Children||Gaurav Chakrabarty |
|Parent(s)||Jagadish Chandra Chakrabarty (father)|
Monica Chakrabarty (mother)
|Relatives||Ridhima Ghosh (daughter-in-law)|
|Awards||Kalakar Awards, Anandalok Awards|
In 1975, he passed Higher Secondary Examination from Andrew's High School, Kolkata. He earned a degree in B.Sc. from Hansraj College, University of Delhi. He cleared his AMI examination from Delhi in 1978. Apart from acting, his love for nature and forests is well known. He takes ardent interest in wild life photography.
Sabyasachi got married in 1986 to Mithu Chakrabarty, who is also a popular face in the Bengali entertainment industry. He has two sons, Gaurav and Arjun, both of whom are talented actors. They are working in both film and television.
Sabyasachi's first mainstream work was a lead role in the 1987 TV series Tero Parbon for Kolkata Doordarshan channel. Tero Parbon was critically acclaimed with a memorable soundtrack in which his role as the character Gora was well-received and made him fairly popular in his early days of acting.
He made his movie debut in Tapan Sinha’s Antardhan in 1992. He continued to work in several television series and shows (mostly in Bengali). He has directed many TV shows and some shows for children. He played Kakababu in the Kakababu original film series. He acted in Kakababu Here Gelen? (1995) and Ek Tukro Chand (2001) and the mini TV series Khali Jahajer Rahasya (1999) as Kakababu. His role as Feluda in Baksho Rahashya (1996), Gosaipur Sargaram (1996), Sheyal Debota Rahasya (1996), Bosepukure Khunkharapi (1997), Joto Kando Kathmandute (1997), Jahangirer Swarnamudra (1998), Ghurghutiyar Ghotona (1998), Golapi Mukto Rahashya (1998), Ambar Sen Antardhan Rahashya (1999), Dr. Munshir Diary (2000),Bombaiyer Bombete (2003), Kailashey Kelenkari (2007), Tintorettor Jishu (2008), Gorosthaney Sabdhan (2010), Royal Bengal Rahashya (2011) and Double Feluda (2016) have reinstated the nostalgia surrounding Satyajit Ray’s Feluda series. His roles in Antardhan, Sweth Pathorer Thala, Mahulbanir Sereng, Parineeta (Hindi), Nishijapon and Mira Nair's The Namesake amongst others have earned him wide recognition. He got involved with Charbak theatre group in 1983. He has worked in a number of Hindi movies and TV shows as well. He is also very popular in Bangladesh and was one of the main casts of the first ever Bangladeshi Science fiction film Porobashinee.
Honours and awards
In 1996 he received the Best Actor award for his performance in Kakababu Here Gelen and, again, in 2005 he was awarded Best Actor for his role in Mahulbanir Sereng, by Bengal Film Journalists' Association Awards (BFJA). Sabyasachi Chakrabarty was the recipient of the Best Actor award in a Supporting Role by the BFJA in 1995, 2000 and 2003.
He has received many other awards including the 2nd International Indo-Bangladesh Kala Music Award (IIBKMA).
He is a recipient of Kalakar Awards.
Sabyasachi portrayed Feluda on both small and big screens after legendary Soumitra Chatterjee donned the detective's hat in two films directed by Ray himself in the 1970s. Soumitra Chatterjee originally played Feluda in Satyajit Ray's Feluda series. He acted in Sonar Kella (1974) and Joi Baba Felunath (1979) as Feluda. Both Soumitra and Sabyasachi played the Feluda character with great success. As Sabyasachi said in many interviews, Feluda is one of his idols and favourite heroes from his young age. In the late 80's Sabyasachi met the author of Feluda series Satyajit Ray and expressed an interest in starring as Feluda. But Satyajit Ray said that he will not make another Feluda movie as Santosh Dutta the actor who played the role of Jatayu died in 1988, but he told Sabyasachi to go to his son Sandip Ray who was a rising film director in that time. Then Sabyasachi met Sandip Ray, but Sandip Ray had no plan of making any Feluda film at that time. Then Sabyasachi started working in the movies besides theatre and television.
In the year 1994 Sandip Ray called Sabyasachi Chakrabarti in Ray's home. By that time Sabyasachi had become a well known actor in big screens beside theatre. Ray offered him the iconic hero of Bengali literature, Feluda. It was a dream character for Sabyasachi Chakrabarti. All films of the Feluda new film series (Continuation of the original series) were directed by Sandip Ray. In this series he made ten TV films and five full-length films in Bengali on the character. His first Feluda film was Baksho Rahashya (1996). It was released as a TV film and it was a part of Feluda 30 TV film series which includes five TV films based on five Feluda novels and stories. The series continued from the year 1996 to 1997. In 1999 series Satyajiter Gappo includes four Feluda TV films. In the year 2000 he acted in Dr. Munshir Diary as Feluda. It was the last Feluda TV film since 2000.
In 2002 Sandip Ray was developing a third big screen adaptation of Feluda film series. Bombaiyer Bombete(2003) was the first big screen adaptation of the Feluda new film series (Continuation of the original series) and the third big screen adaptation of the Bengali sleuth Feluda after 25 years of the second Feluda movie Joi Baba Felunath (1979) which was directed by the author of the Feluda series Satyajit Ray. After the huge success of Bombaiyer Bombete (2003) four sequels have been made till 2011. They are Kailashey Kelenkari (2007), Tintorettor Jishu (2008), Gorosthaney Sabdhan (2010) and Royal Bengal Rohosso (2011). The first Feluda film shot abroad was Tintorettor Jishu (2008) directed by Sandip Ray and Sabyasachi as Feluda. A fifth sequel is announced by Sandip Ray where Sabyasachi Chakrabarty will return as the Bengali sleuth Feluda after five years.
Sabyasachi Chakrabarty played that role in the telefilms made later directed by Sandip Ray. Santosh Dutta died in 1988, so Jatayu was played by Rabi Ghosh in the first two TV films of Sandip Ray, after his death Anup Kumar played Jatayu and finally by Bibhu Bhattacharya. In Sandip Ray's ten Feluda TV films Topshe was played by Saswata Chatterjee. Later in Bombaiyer Bombete(2003), Kailashey Kelenkari (2007) and Tintorettor Jishu (2008) Parambrata Chatterjee played Topshe. After him in Gorosthaney Sabdhan (2010) and Royal Bengal Rohosso (2011) Saheb Bhattacharya played as Topshe. There will be a new film named Double Feluda heading to release in December, 2016. Where Sabyasachi Chakrabarty and Saheb Bhattacharya will return as Feluda and Topshe respectively. Though Sabyasachi Chakrabarty is 60 years old, in the new Feluda film Feluda will be 50 years old and Topshe will be 30. The movie will be a tribute to 50 years of Feluda.
- Avijatrik (2021)
- Nirbhaya (2021 film) (2021)
- Baazi (2021)
- Cholo Potol Tuli (2020)
- SOS Kolkata (2020)
- Gondi (2020) (First Bangladeshi film)
- Karmachakra: Episode Zero (2020) (voice role) 
- Boba Rohosyo (2019) as Inspector Gorai
- Adda (2019 film) (2019) as White
- Kolkatay Kohinoor (2019)
- Anurup/Mirror Image(Short Film) (2019)
- Bong-O-Rohosyo (2019)
- Bhobishyoter Bhoot (2019)
- Network (2018) as Arindam Chakraborty
- Micheal (2018)
- Jawker Dhan (2017)
- Meghnad Badh Rahasya (2017) as Prof. Asimove Bose
- Bhoot Adbhoot (2017) as Ghost Buster
- Aagun (2017) as Masterda Surjyo Sekhor Sen
- Nabab (2017) (Bangladesh-India joint venture)
- Double Feluda (2016) as Feluda
- Shikari (2016) as Rudro Chowdhury  (Bangladesh-India joint venture)
- Te3n (2016) as Manohar Sinha
- Phantom (2015) as Roy, RAW chief
- Mayer Biye (2015) as Dr. Anish Roy
- Porobashinee (2017)
- Teenkahon (2015) as Gyanesh Mitra
- Aagunpakhi (2013)
- C/O Sir (2013) as The headmaster in Jayabrata's school
- Arjun: Kalimpong E Sitaharan (2013) as Amal Shome
- Run (2013)
- Holud Pakhir Dana (2013) as Dr. Anirban
- Bawali Unlimited (2013) as The funny film director
- Chhayamoy (2013) as Chandra Kumar/Chhayamoy
- From Sydney with Love (2012) as Prof. Banerjee
- Accident (2012) as Amit Durjari
- Tor Naam (2012) as Raju's father
- Kanchenjunga Express (film) (2012)
- Hemlock Society (film) (2012) as Dhomoni Ghosh (Guest Appearance)
- Bikram Singha: The Lion Is Back (2012) as Senior Inspector (special appearance)
- Bhooter Bhabishyat (2012) as Biplab Dasgupta, the story teller and a Naxalite ghost
- FLOP-E (2012)
- Royal Bengal Rahashya (film) (2011) as Feluda
- Romeo (2011) as Aviraj Roy
- Ajob Prem Ebong: Ekti Bus-er Golpo (2011) as Janardan Dutta
- System (2011) as Dilawar Sheikh
- Gorosthaney Sabdhan (2010) as Feluda
- Laboratory (2010)
- Shukno Lanka (2010) as Joy Sundar Sen
- Thana Theke Aschhi (2010) as Tinkori Halder
- Bolo Na Tumi Aamar (2010) as Madhurima's father
- Maati -O- Manush (2009) as Atal Master
- Chha-e Chuti (2009) as Himself
- Aalive (2009) as Rik Roy
- Angshumaner Chhobi (2009) as Bikashranjan
- Piyalir Password (2009) as Somor Sen
- Lakshyabhed (2009)
- Friend (2009 film) (2009) as Ranju Da
- 033 (2009) as Santiago
- Anubhab (2009)
- Mullik Bari (2009)
- Pakhi (film)|Pakhi (2009) as
- Tintorettor Jishu (film) (2008) as Feluda
- Lahore (2008) as Sikandar Hyaat Khan
- Bhalobasa Bhalobasa (2008) as Aravind (Siddhu's dad)
- Raktamukhi Neela (2008) as Inspector Chakraborti
- Lal-Kalo/Cheenti Cheenti Bang Bang (2008) as Spider
- Kailashey Kelenkari (film) (2007) as Feluda
- Ballygunge Court (2007) as Udoyon
- Bow Barracks Forever (2007) as Tom
- Bidhatar Lekha (2007)
- Manush Bhut (2006)
- The Namesake (2006) as Ashima's Father
- Bibar (2006)
- Scandal (2006) (TV film)
- Herbert (film) (2006) as Police Officer
- Pisir Recipe (2006)
- Ni:shobde (2005) (TV film)
- Joy Baba Rudranath (2005) as Rudra Sen (TV film)
- Sangram (2005)
- Dwitiyo Bosonto (2005)
- Mantro (2005)
- Abisswasee (2005)
- Parineeta (2005) as Navinchandra Roy
- Nishijapon (2005) as Nirmal
- Manthan (2005) (TV film)
- My Karma (2004) as Internal Voice
- Sangharsha (2004)
- Eke Eke Tin (2004)
- Shatabdir Golpo (2004) as Dashu
- Waarish (2004) as Subhankar
- Mahulbanir Sereng (2004) as Somesh Gomes
- Khakee (2004) as Minister Deodhar
- Dui Bon (2004) as Shashanka
- Vanish (2004) (TV film)
- John Jenny Jonardon (2003) as Jonardon (TV film)
- Bombaiyer Bombete (2003) as Feluda
- Chena Britter Baire (2002) (also, as Director)
- Antarghaat (2002) as Abinaash
- Kone Dekhar Pore (2002) (also, as Director)
- Desh (2002) as Journalist
- Ek Tukro Chand (2001) as Kakababu
- Chordline (2001) (TV film)
- Sedin Bristhi Nemechilo (2001) (TV film)
- Countdown (2001) (TV film)
- Dr. Munshir Diary (A Feluda TV film of Satyajiter Priyo Golpo TV film series. This was the last Feluda TV film till now.) (2000) as Feluda
- Bhakto (A short film of Satyajiter Priyo Golpo TV film series) (2000) as Aruproton Sarkar/Author Amolesh Moulik
- Bateshwarer Abodan (A short film of Satyajiter Priyo Golpo TV film series) (2000) as Dr. Shonjib Chatterjee
- Ek Je Aachhe Kanya (2000) as Anjan
- Atmiya Swajan (2000)
- Shesh Thikana (2000) as Dr. Devdutta
- Cancer (1999)
- Debanjali (1999)
- Rajdando (1999)
- Didi Amar Ma (1999)
- Satyajiter Goppo (A series of four TV films based on four Feluda mysteries and six short films based on six different short stories of Satyajit Ray) (1998–1999) as Feluda
- Moyurkonthi Jelly (A telefilm of Satyajiter Goppo TV film series, 1998) as Shoshanko
- Ferari Fauj/Hindustani Sipahi[clarification needed] (1999) as Nilmoni Mitra/Shanti Ray
- Dil Se..(1998) as terrorist
- Bhoomi Thayiya Chochchala Maga (Kannada, 1998) as Channabasappa
- Sampradaan (1997)
- Sanghaat (1997)
- Karna (1997)
- Damu (1997) as Potai Chor
- Rokto Nodeer Dhara (1996) as Abinaash
- Feluda 30 (A series of five TV films based on Feluda) (1996–1999) as Feluda
- Baksho Rahashya (first TV film of Feluda 30) (1996) as Feluda
- Robibar (1996)
- Lathi (1996)
- Biyer Phool (1996) as Ashit Mukherjee
- Kakababu Here Gelen? (1995) as Kakababu
- Tomar Rokte Amar Sohag (1995)
- Cinemay Jamon Hoy! (1994)
- Chaturanga as Sachish
- Sundor (TV film)
- Sweth Pathorer Thala (1992) as Abhijit Bhattacharya
- Antardhan (1992)
- Durga Soptosoti Sombhobami Juge Juge (2020) ... Narrator (Made for Zee Bangla)
- Dadagiri Unlimited Season 8 (2020) ... Contestant (Made for Zee Bangla)
- Jamai Elo Ghore(2019) ... (Made for Zee Bangla Cinema)
- Mahanayak (TV series) (2016) ... Satrajit Ray (Made fo Star Jalsha)
- Dwiragaman (2014–2016) ... Jayanta Basu (Made for Zee Bangla)
- Ganer Opare (2010–2011) ... Sribilash Deb (Made for Star Jalsa)
- Chorabali (2007)
- Tenida (Animated Series) (2006-2008) ... Tenida (voice) (Made for Zee Bangla)
- Ke? (2005–2006) (Investigative Reality Show as Anchor and Creative Director)
- Bela Sheshe (2002)
- Rahasya Golpo (2001–2004) (also, Director)
- Ekaki Aronye (2001–2003) (Made for ETV Bangla)
- Rudra Sener Diary Theke (2001–2005)
- Tarkash/Cell 3 (2000) (Hindi)
- Khali Jahajer Rahasya (1999) ... Kakababu (A 13-episodes TV Series, directed by Surojit Sengupto aired on DD Bangla.)
- Kuasha Jakhan ... Micheal
- Feluda TV film series (1996–2000) ... Feluda (A series of 10 TV films based on Feluda series. The first five TV films were under the package Feluda 30 (1996–1997) aired in DD Bangla, four TV films were under the package Satyajiter Gappo (1998–1999) aired in DD Bangla and the last TV film were under the package Satyajiter priyo Gappo (2000) aired in ETV Bangla)
- Golpo Gathar Deshe (1995) (also, as Director)
- Basanta Bahar
- Ascharya Deepak (1990) ... Deepak Das (Hindi)
- Akashpuri (1990)
- Siddhartha Chatterjeer Antardhan (1990) ... Detective Somak Sen
- Olpo Hasi Olpo Kanna (1990)
- Olpo Solpo Golpo (1989) (also, as Director of Photography)
- Sey Shomoy (1989–1990) ... Parbati Charan
- Gaurav (Hindi Remake of Tero Parbon) ... Gaurav
- Uranchondi (1988)
- Tero Parbon (1987) ... Gora (Made for DD Bangla based on a novel by Samaresh Majumdar)
- Sahityer Sera Golpo (1986)
He has also acted in several TV films for different TV channels.
- In Their Life (2018) on platform Addatimes
- Lalbazaar (2020) on platform Zee5
- Black Widows (2020) on platform ZEE5
- Sleeper Cell (2021) on platform Mojoplex
- Search (2022) on platform Klikk
- "Sabyasachi Chakrabarty". Bhalobasa.In. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- "Sabyasachi Chakrabarty". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. Archived from the original on 28 June 2013. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "Why Sabyasachi 'Feluda' Chakrabarty has a paunch". Prothom Alo.
- Making things happen :) (15 December 2011). "Sabyasachi Chakrabarty Latest Movies Videos Images Photos Wallpapers Songs Biography Trivia On Gomolo.com". Gomolo.in. Archived from the original on 17 August 2011. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Kalakar award winners" (PDF). Kalakar website. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- . The Hindu
- "Aami Aar Feluda" Page-32
- . ABP Ananda
- . Anandabazar
- . The Times of India
- . dnaindia
- . newshour.com
- "আকাঙ্ক্ষা「Karmachakra : Episode Zero」ED「AKANKHA / Rajorshi Basu ft. Rupankar Bagchi, Tanisha, Disha」". Youtube. Retrieved 6 January 2021.
- "New Indo-Bangla joint production starts". The Daily Star. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "Shikari: Shakib's first Indo-Bangla venture". www.dhakatribune.com. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "Shakib looks like Salman: Adnan". www.dhakatribune.com. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "Check out Shakib's menacing "Shikari" look". The Daily Star. 6 June 2016. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Shikari's teaser storms the internet". Banglamail24. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "Bangladeshi Superstar impress the audience in 'Shikari's first teaser". cinekolkata.com. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "New-look Shakib stirs up a storm". The Daily Star. 19 June 2016. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- Reliance Entertainment to back Big B's 'TE3N'. Business Standard News (28 April 2016)
- Sandip Ray presents Satyajiter Gappo
- "[EXCLUSIVE] Sabyasachi Chakrabarty on the 'lukewarm' response to Lal Bazaar: I am a little disappointed". www.zoomtventertainment.com. Retrieved 4 February 2021.