|Location||Hamilton County, New York,|
|Primary inflows||Hatchery Brook, Burnt Place Brook, Echo Lake|
|Primary outflows||Sacandaga Lake Outlet|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Surface area||1,589 acres (6.43 km2)|
|Average depth||28 feet (8.5 m)|
|Max. depth||60 feet (18 m)|
|Shore length1||13.2 miles (21.2 km)|
|Surface elevation||1,608 feet (490 m)|
|Settlements||Speculator, New York|
|1 Shore length is not a well-defined measure.|
Sacandaga Lake (sa-kuhn-DAH-ga) is a lake in the Town of Lake Pleasant in Hamilton County, New York approximately 2 miles (3.2 km) west of Speculator.The outlet is a channel that leads to Lake Pleasant, which is the source of the Sacandaga River.
The lake covers an area of 1,589 acres (643 ha), entirely within the boundaries of New York's Adirondack Park, a mean depth of 28 feet (8.5 m), and a maximum depth greater than 50 feet (15 m). It lies at an altitude of 1,725 feet (526 m).
Moffitt Beach State Campground is a popular camping site on the lake.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Sacandaga Lake
- "Sacandaga lake" (PDF). dec.ny.gov. nysdec. 1998. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- American Automobile Association (1954). Northeastern Tour Book Including Eastern Canada. p. 169. Retrieved Sep 24, 2016.
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. "Sacandaga Lake" (PDF). In and Around The Adirondack Park. Retrieved Sep 24, 2016.
- "Moffitt Beach State Campground". adirondackexperience.com. Retrieved Sep 24, 2016.
- Sportsman's Connection (Firm) (2011-01-01), Central Southeastern Adirondacks New York fishing map guide: includes lakes & streams for the following counties: Fulton, Hamilton, Saratoga, Warren, Washington., Sportsman's Connection, ISBN 9781885010667, retrieved 2017-05-09
|This article about a location in Hamilton County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|