This article possibly contains original research. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Horler at the Killing Them Softly Australian Premiere in September 2012
12 February 1971|
Sacha Horler is an Australian actress. Her parents were lawyers, but co-founded Sydney's Nimrod Theatre Company in the early 1970s.
Sacha Horler graduated from Sydney's National Institute of Dramatic Arts in 1993 and made her film debut two years later with a role in the music-themed comedy Billy's Holiday. Among her Sydney stage credits were featured roles in the one-act play collection Playgrounds (1996) and Harold Pinter's theater classic The Birthday Party (1997). In 1997, Horler was featured in the Australian-produced drama Blackrock, and the following year she appeared in the international hit Babe: Pig in the City.
Horler's breakthrough role was in the 1998 gritty drama Praise which featured a significant amount of nudity and sex scenes. In 1999, her follow-up supporting role in Soft Fruit required her to gain weight for the part. That same year she had a supporting role in the drama My Mother Frank.
Over the next ten years, Horler appeared in various roles in a number of Australian TV series. The more significant of these were the Australian Broadcasting Corporation comedy TV series Grass Roots in 2000 and 2003, the miniseries Changi in 2001, TV series drama CrashBurn and science fiction drama Farscape in 2003, and drama series headLand and the critically acclaimed Love My Way in 2006.
In 2009, Horler starred in the AFI-nominated Australian drama My Year Without Sex. Since then she has had recurring roles in a number of Australian drama series including Offspring in 2010, Small Time Gangster and legal drama Crownies in 2011, and the telemovie Beaconsfield in 2012.
Horler won two Australian Film Institute acting awards in 1999, winning Best Actress as a sexual obsessive in Praise, and Best Supporting Actress for her role in Soft Fruit. Horler also won Best Supporting Actress in 2003 for her role in Travelling Light.
- Billy's Holiday, 1995, Kristin
- Blackrock, 1997, Teacher
- Babe: Pig in the City, 1998, Night Nurse
- Praise, 1998, Cynthia
- Soft Fruit, 1999, Nadia
- Walk the Talk, 2000, Bonita
- My Mother Frank, 2000, Margaret
- Grass Roots, 2000, Helen Manoufis
- Changi (TV series), 2001, Nerida
- Russian Doll, 2001, Liza
- Halifax f.p: Takes Two, 2002, Karen Oldfield
- Secret Bridesmaids' Business, 2002, Lucy Dean
- Syntax Error, 2003, Lauren
- Travelling Light, 2003, Bronwyn White
- CrashBurn, 2003, Abby
- Love My Way, 2004,
- Go Big, 2004, Michaela Twinch
- BlackJack: Ace Point Game, 2005, Angie
- The Illustrated Family Doctor, 2005, Carol Kelp
- Look Both Ways, 2005, Linda
- My Year Without Sex, 2009, Natalie
- Hawke, 2010, Jean Sinclair
- Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, 2010, Strix Struma
- Offspring, 2010 – present, Stacey
- Crownies, 2011, Virginia
- Kings Cross ER: St Vincent's Hospital, 2012 – present, narrator
- The Dressmaker, 2015 - Una Pleasance
- Peter Rabbit 2018 - Taxi driver
- Water Rats ... Christine Martin – in the episode "Bad Blood" (1996)
- Murder Call ... Elspeth – in the episode "More Than Meets the Eye" (1998)
- Grass Roots (2000)
- Farscape ... Morrock – in the episode "Prayer" (2003)
- Crashburn ... Abby (2003)
- Old School ... Rhonda (2014)
- Black Comedy ... various roles (2014)
- Catching Milat (TV series) (2015) : Karen Milat
- Home and Away ... Ranae Turner
- Sando ... Sando (2018)