|Born||Stephanie Sachiko Parker
September 1, 1956
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
(m. 1993; div. 2011)
|Relatives||Warren Beatty (uncle)
A. A. MacLeod (maternal great uncle by marriage)
Stephanie Sachiko "Sachi" Parker (born September 1, 1956) is an American actress who has numerous film and television credits.
Parker was born in Los Angeles, California, the only child of actress Shirley MacLaine and businessman Steve Parker (1922–2001). At age two, Parker was sent to Japan to live with her father. During the summer and at holidays, Parker visited her mother, and they posed together on the cover of the February 9, 1959 issue of Life Magazine. Her uncle is actor Warren Beatty.
Parker taught skiing in New Zealand, worked as a waitress in Hawaii, spent five years working as a stewardess for Qantas Airlines, and worked for a brief time as an au pair in Paris, France. In 1981, Parker returned to Los Angeles, and decided to become an actress.
Parker's work includes television appearances on Star Trek: The Next Generation, Equal Justice, and Alien Nation, and small film roles in Stick, About Last Night..., Peggy Sue Got Married and Bad Influence. Parker has also done small local theater. Parker starred in the 2009 Japanese film The Witch of the West Is Dead, which showed at the Palm Springs International Film Festival.
Parker was married to investment banker Frank Murray from 1993 to 2011, and they lived for a time in Houston, Texas, while Murray was the President of Goodman Holdings. Parker and Murray have two children, a son, Frank Murray, Jr. (born 1996), and a daughter, Arin Murray (born 1998).
- Stick (1985) - Bobbi
- Back to the Future (1985) - Bystander #1
- About Last Night... (1986) - Carrie
- Peggy Sue Got Married (1986) - Lisa
- Riders to the Sea (1987)
- Scrooged (1988) - Belle
- Vietnam Texas (1990) - Young Woman
- Bad Influence (1990) - Michael's Neighbor
- Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael (1990) - Libby Ohiemacher
- Nishi no majo ga shinda (2008) - Granny
- All Me, All the Time (2009) - Pam
- Toiretto (2010) - (final film role)
- Shirley MacLaine Biography (1934–)
- "Independence of Sachi Parker : Theater: The daughter of Shirley MacLaine accepts advice but is the captain of her own career", Los Angeles Times (March 8, 1991)
- Lucky Me at Penguin Group website
- Nicki Gostin, "Shirley MacLaine's Daughter Says 'My Mom Thought My Dad Was Clone Astronaut'", Fox News (February 12, 2013)
- "Steve Parker and Shirley MacLaine Marriage Profile", By Sheri & Bob Stritof, About.com Guides
- HGTV Selling New York, New Beginnings, New Homes Episode HSNY-408H
- Lucky Me: My Life With – and Without – My Mom, Shirley MacLaine (Penguin Group USA, published February 2013) ISBN 9781592407880