Sachiin J. Joshi
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Urvashi Sharma (m. 2012)
Sachiin Joshi (born 7 August 1984) is an Indian film actor, producer known for his works in Telugu cinema and Bollywood. His hometown is Pune, Maharashtra. He made his Hindi film debut with Aazan in 2011.
Life and career
Sachin Joshi was born in Pune to second wife of Jagdish Joshi, the owner and creator of the JMJ group of Industries. He was unsuccessful in establishing himself in Telugu films, but later began working as an actor in Bollywood to mixed reception. Joshi made his debut in the 2002 Telugu film Mounamelanoyi and went on to star in two more Telugu films, Ninu Chudaka Nenundalenu (2002) and Orey Pandu (2005). He did not star in films again until 2011, when he performed as the titular lead character in the Hindi film Aazaan, which he also co-produced. This marked his debut in Hindi film. Joshi returned to Tollywood with the remake of Aashiqui 2 and reprised the role played by Aditya Roy Kapur in the Hindi version. He co-starred with Nazia Hussain, who made her debut with Aashiqui 2. Joshi was also a lead in the 2013 film Jackpot, in which he starred opposite Sunny Leone and Naseeruddin Shah.
His most recent film, 'Amavas', which he self-financed and co stars Nagris Fakhri, opened to extremely poor reviews, has been widely panned by critics for its "mediocre performances and direction." 
In January 2018 it was widely reported that Joshi bounced a cheque for Rs 40 lakh on business partner Raj Kundra, husband of Bollywood actress and winner of UK TV reality show, Shilpa Shetty. Kundra has since issued legal proceedings against Joshi for defamation.
In April 2018, Joshi placed his Viiking Ventures UK company in voluntary liquidation with debts of more than £1m. It was reported that his London-based staff resigned en masse, claiming to be owed 3 months' salary. The company distributed his Goa Premium Beer brand, brewed in Goa by his Impala Brewery, which produced Kings Beer.
Between May 2019 and 2002, Sachiin Joshi again failed to pay salaries totaling over Rs owed to 30 employees at his Viiking Ventures company and his media arm, Think Tank. At the same time Joshi was pledging charitable donations of Rs 3 crore for Covid-19 relief. In response, Joshi - who earlier claimed a lack of funds - accused the 30 staff of fraud. Evidence of the charity gift having been paid, has yet to come to light.     
|Denotes films / dramas that are not yet released|
|2002||Ninu Choodaka Nenundalenu||Ganesh||Telugu|
|2013||Mumbai Mirror||Abhijeet Patil||Hindi|
|2014||Nee Jathaga Nenundali||Raghav Jayram||Telugu|
|2015||Mogali Puvvu / Secret||Telugu
|2017||Yaar Ivan / Veedevadu||Sathya||Tamil
- "All the time and money". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 27 February 2011.
- "Bollywood Josh(i)". The Times of India. 17 March 2010.
- "Sachiin Joshi misses cousin's shaadi in Jodhpur". The Times of India. 26 November 2013.
- Seema Sinha (21 October 2011). "I faced resistance from the industry: Sachiin Joshi". The Times of India.
- "Sachiin Joshi". koimoi.com.
- "Sachiin to play Aditya's role in Telugu version of Aashiqui 2". India Today.
- "Nazia Hussain in Aashiqui 2 Telugu remake – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Sunny Leone's Jackpot to release on December 13". India Today.
- "Film Review: Jackpot". The Times of India.
- "Amavas Full Movie In HD Quality Leaked By Tamilrockers For Download!". https://www.filmibeat.com. 15 February 2019. External link in
- "Amavas Full Movie In HD Quality Leaked By Tamilrockers For Download!". in.style.yahoo.com.
- "Amavas movie review: Sachin Joshi, Nargis Fakhri-starrer reduces horror to hilarity". Mumbai Mirror.
- "Stars at Sachiin Joshi, Urvashi Sharma's wedding and more". IBNLive. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Sachiin, Urvashi ties the knot". The Times of India. 28 February 2012.
- "Changed my name as part of a tradition: Raina Joshi". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "Sachiin Joshi and Urvashi Sharma blessed with a baby boy, see the first pictures". 1 December 2017.
- "Raj Kundra, gutka baron's actor son in Rs 40-lakh spat". Mumbai Mirror.
- Hungama, Bollywood (29 January 2018). "Raj Kundra blames Sachiin Joshi after his cheque worth Rs. 40 lakhs bounced : Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama".
- "Shilpa Shetty's Husband Raj Kundra And Actor Sachiin Joshi Accuse Each Other Of Fraud. See Tweets". NDTV.com.
- "Goa Beer distributor Viiking Ventures in liquidation with £1m debts | Asian Caterers In UK".
- "AAZAAN-one of the most expensive films of Bollywood – Yahoo! OMG! India". Yahoo!. 9 September 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "International action company Action Concept to direct stunts for Aazaan". Bollywoodhungama.com. 25 February 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "Around six countries in 70 days – for spy thriller Azaan". boxofficeindia.co.in. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- Hitlist, The (3 June 2011). "'Aazaan' debutant almost lost his eye during filming". Mid-day.com. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "Viewers will enjoy watching 'Aazaan', says Joshi". ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "Aazaan in Bangkok". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 October 2011.