Sachiin J Joshi
7 August 1984 |
Pune, Maharashtra, India
|Spouse(s)||Urvashi Sharma (m. 2012)|
|Parent(s)||Jagdish Mohanlal Joshi|
Sachiin Joshi (born 7 August 1984) is an Indian film actor, producer known for his works in Telugu cinema and Bollywood. His hometown is Jodhpur, Rajasthan. He made his Hindi film debut with Aazan in 2011.
Life and career
Joshi was born in Pune to Jagdish Joshi, the owner and creator of the JMJ group of Industries. He participated in the business world but later began working as an actor. Joshi made his debut in the 2002 Telugu film Mounamelanoyi and went on to star in two more Telugu films, Ninu Chudaka Nenundalenu (2002) and Orey Pandu (2005). He did not star in films again until 2011, when he performed as the titular lead character in the Hindi film Aazaan, which he also co-produced. This marked his debut in Hindi film. Joshi returned to Tollywood with the remake of Aashiqui 2 and reprised the role played by Aditya Roy Kapur in the Hindi version. He co-starred with Nazia Hussain, who made her debut with Aashiqui 2. Joshi was also a lead in the 2013 film Jackpot, in which he starred opposite Sunny Leone and Naseeruddin Shah.
Charity and other work
Joshi is an active fan of sports and cinema. He has a diversified portfolio of brands that includes spas, drinks, and hotels. He is also active in charity and supports the Big Brother foundation, an initiative which aims at helping people in rural areas and bridging the gap between rural and urban. Joshi has worked with PETA to promote the vegetarian lifestyle.
|2002||Ninu Choodaka Nenundalenu||Ganesh||Telugu|
|2011||Aazaan||Aazaan Khan||Hindi||His own production house JMJ Group|
|2013||Mumbai Mirror||Abhijeet Patil||Hindi||He combines with Prakash Raj as the antagonist|
|2014||Nee Jathaga Nenundali||Raghav Jayram||Telugu||The Telugu remake of Aashiqui 2|
|2015||Mogali Puvvu / Secret||Telugu
- "All the time and money". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 27 February 2011.
- "Bollywood Josh(i)". The Times of India. 17 March 2010.
- "Sachiin Joshi misses cousin's shaadi in Jodhpur". The Times of India. 26 November 2013.
- Seema Sinha (21 October 2011). "I faced resistance from the industry: Sachiin Joshi". The Times of India.
- "Sachiin Joshi". koimoi.com.
- "Sachiin to play Aditya's role in Telugu version of Aashiqui 2". India Today.
- "Nazia Hussain in Aashiqui 2 Telugu remake – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Sunny Leone's Jackpot to release on December 13". India Today.
- "Film Review: Jackpot". The Times of India.
- "Stars at Sachiin Joshi, Urvashi Sharma's wedding and more". IBNLive. Retrieved 2016-01-21.
- "Sachiin, Urvashi ties the knot". The Times of India. 28 February 2012.
- "SRK will promote XXX Energy Drinks – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Sachiin Joshi Promotes Healthy Way of Living," The Times of India, 7 August 2014.
- "AAZAAN-one of the most expensive films of Bollywood – Yahoo! OMG! India". Yahoo!. 9 September 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "International action company Action Concept to direct stunts for Aazaan". Bollywoodhungama.com. 25 February 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "Around six countries in 70 days – for spy thriller Azaan". boxofficeindia.co.in. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- Hitlist, The (3 June 2011). "'Aazaan' debutant almost lost his eye during filming". Mid-day.com. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "Viewers will enjoy watching 'Aazaan', says Joshi". ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "Aazaan in Bangkok". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- Sachiin J Joshi at the Internet Movie Database
- Official website