The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Sachin Mohan Ahir|
|Born||21 March 1972|
|Education||Higher School Certificate |
|Occupation||Member Of Legislative Assembly|
|Political party||Nationalist Congress Party|
Sachin ahir (born 21 March 1972 in Mumbai, India) is a member of the Nationalist Congress Party, was elected as a Member of the Legislative Assembly in Maharashtra in October 2009 from the Worli constituency.
Sachin Ahir describes his background as "lower middle class". In his early days, Sachin and his brother Vijay Ahir, worked as personal assistants and bodyguards for Sunit Khatau, chairman of the Khatau Fabrics Group, who was shot dead by gangsters on 7 May 1994.
His uncle Arun Gawli helped Sachin Ahir get elected from the Sewri assembly constituency in 1999 on the election ticket given to him by Nationalist Congress Party. Ahir was then the only NCP MLA elected from Mumbai.
Sachin Ahir is the son of Mohan Gangaram Ahir and the nephew of gangster-turned-politician Arun Gawli (aka Arun Gulabrao Ahir). His wife Sangeeta Ahir is a Bollywood producer, and a director/partner at Mangal Murti Films. Sangeeta Ahir is also associated with many other businesses  possibly acting as a proxy for Sachin Ahir's business interests.
According to the affidavit filed with the Election Commission of India, Sachin Ahir studied up to Higher School Certificate and passed in the year 1991 from Smt. M.M.K College of Commerce & Economics
As of 2009[update], he was a Minister of State of Housing, Slum Improvement, House Repairs and Re-Construction, Urban Land Ceiling, Industries, Mines, Social Justice, De-addiction Activities & Environment, and Welfare of Nomadic De-notified Tribes and other Backward Classes. In addition to being the Minister of State for Housing he has been given charge of additional Minister of State portfolios that include Transport and Environment & Parliamentary Affairs.
Ahir and his wife have established the Shree Sankalp Pratishthan charitable trust. The trust has been involved in organisation of the Worli Festival and Dahi Handi events during the festival of Govinda.
- "Sachin Mohan Ahir". Praja. Archived from the original on 7 January 2016. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
-  Archived 24 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Nationalist Congress Party: Ministers of State in Maharashtra". Nationalist Congress Party. Archived from the original on 6 August 2012. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- Banerjee, Shoumojit (12 June 2013). "Six new NCP Ministers inducted in Maharashtra in makeover bid". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-07-07.
- "The Goodness In Their DNA: Sangeeta and Sachin Ahir". DNA. 28 January 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-07.
- "NGO Shree Sankalp Pratishthan host worli festival 2013". Event FAQs. Retrieved 2014-07-07.
- "Shah Rukh Khan attends Shree Sankalp Pratisthan Charitable Trust's dahi handi event at Worli in Mumbai". The Times Of India. 31 August 2013. Retrieved 2014-07-07.
|This article about a Maharashtra politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|