||This article reads like a press release or a news article and/or is entirely based on routine coverage. (September 2016)|
||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||5 August 1981|
|Alma mater||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi|
|Occupation||Co-founder& Executive Chairman of Flipkart|
|Net worth||$1.3 Billion (2015)|
Sachin Bansal (born 5 August 1981) is an Indian Software engineer and Internet entrepreneur known for co-founding India's e-commerce platform Flipkart. Sachin is from Chandigarh and is an engineering graduate from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
Sachin Bansal is originally from Chandigarh, the capital city of Punjab and Haryana. He scored an All India Rank 49 in IIT JEE. His business partner, Binny Bansal, is also from Chandigarh. Although they share the same last name, they are not related. They both were students of computer science engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. Before the tremendous success of Flipkart, Sachin Bansal wanted to become a professional gamer. His father has been in business and mother a homemaker, his brother runs a consumer goods company, he's married to Priya, who is a dentist and has a four-year old child.
After completion of degree Sachin Bansal joined Techspan company where he has served for few months. In 2006, he joined Amazon.com India as Senior Software Engineer. Then he got Binny Bansal into the Amazon.com and after 6 months they both decided to leave Amazon.They initially thought of starting a comparison search engine, but realized that the market for E-commerce in India was very small. Hence, after leaving Amazon in 2007, they founded Flipkart as an E-commerce company.
Sachin Bansal and his business partner Binny Bansal launched Flipkart from an apartment in Bangalore with 400,000 rupees ($6,500) cash. In 2007 during the early days of Flipkart Sachin Bansal and his business partner Binny Bansal used to deliver books across Bengaluru on their scooters and in October 2015 they showed up at the doorsteps of some customers, personally delivering goods in order to gain insights from the online buyers. He was removed as a CEO of Flipkart based on performance ground in August 2016. 
Awards and recognition
- In November 2015, Sachin Bansal along with the co-founder of Flipkart, Binny Bansal, was named the 86th richest person in India with a net worth of $1.3 billion by Forbes India Rich List.
- Entrepreneur of the year – ET Awards (2012–2013) .He also became richest person in Forbes World magazine 2016.
- India Today magazine ranked him #26th along with Binny Bansal in India's 50 Most powerful people of 2017 list.
- "Mukesh Ambani India's richest for 9th year; Flipkart's Bansals new entrants - Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 24 September 2015. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "'I will never sell Flipkart'". Business Line. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- Bhupathi Reddy (30 August 2015). "Top 10 Entrepreneurs of India". EntrepreneurSolutions.com. Archived from the original on 26 January 2016.
- Srikar Muthyala (29 September 2015). "The List of Great Entrepreneurs of India in 2015". MyBTechLife. Archived from the original on 11 September 2015.
- "Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal: Book Smart".
- "Flipkart sales hit whopping $1 bn, Sachin and Binny Bansal 'run rate' stupendous".
- "Flipkart success story revealed! Meet Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal".
- "What Flipkart's Funds Mean for its Rivals". Forbes India. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Sachin Bansal". 16 January 2012. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "One should always have a co-founder to share stress and success of a venture". Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "flipkart ceo wanted to be a gamer snapdeal chief a food and film critic". Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "India's E-Commerce Poised To Mint First Two Billionaires". Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- "Flipkart's Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal will deliver your smartphones". Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- "Sachin Bansal replaced as a CEO due to performance". Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "Forbes India rich list: Mukesh Ambani tops for 9th year, Flipkart's Bansals debut at 86th slot". Firstpost. 24 September 2015. Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- "Entrepreneur of the year- Sachin Bansal". The Economic Times. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- "India's 50 powerful people". India Today. April 14, 2017.