Pilot at the World Economic Forum's India Economic Summit 2010
|President of the Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee|
Assumed office |
13 January 2014
Rahul Gandhi (2017-present)|
Sonia Gandhi (till 2017)
|Preceded by||C. P. Joshi|
|Minister of Corporate Affairs|
28 October 2012 – 17 May 2014
|Prime Minister||Manmohan Singh|
|Preceded by||Veerappa Moily|
|Succeeded by||Arun Jaitley|
|Member of the Indian Parliament|
16 May 2009 – 17 May 2014
|Preceded by||Rasa Singh Rawat|
|Succeeded by||Sanwar Lal Jat|
|Member of the Indian Parliament|
17 May 2004 – 16 May 2009
|Preceded by||Rama Pilot|
|Succeeded by||Kirodi Lal Meena|
Sachin Rajesh Pilot|
7 September 1977
Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
Rajesh Pilot (father)|
Rama Pilot (mother)
New Delhi, India|
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
University of Delhi (B.A.)|
University of Pennsylvania (M.B.A.)
|Profession||Politician, Army officer|
Sachin Rajesh Pilot (born 7 September 1977) is a politician and a member of the Indian National Congress. He was a member of the Indian Parliament at the 15th Lok Sabha, representing the Ajmer constituency of Rajasthan. He was also the Minister of Corporate Affairs in the Second Manmohan Singh ministry and is currently the President of the Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee.
Pilot was born in Saharanpur city in Uttar Pradesh in a Gurjar family . He is the son of the Congress leader Rajesh Pilot and Rama Pilot. His father was a Union minister of India. His ancestral village is Vaidpura in Noida.
He studied at Air Force Bal Bharati School, New Delhi, and holds a B.A. from St. Stephens College, University of Delhi, a diploma in marketing from I.M.T. Ghaziabad and an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
Pilot married Sara Abdullah on 15 January 2004. Sara Abdullah is the daughter of Farooq Abdullah, the National Conference and ex-Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir. Together they have two sons, Aaran and Vehaan. Currently, Sachin Pilot and Sara Pilot live in Ghaziabad.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, he was again nominated from the Ajmer constituency. Pilot, sitting MP from Ajmer, was defeated by a margin of 1,71,983 votes by Bharatiya Janata Party's sitting MLA Sanwarlal Jat.
Sachin Pilot on 6 September 2012 became the first Union minister of India to be commissioned as an officer in the Territorial Army, fulfilling his desire to follow his father's footsteps to be in the armed forces. He is therefore known as Lieutenant Pilot for being an officer in the Territorial Army.  After being commissioned he said, "This has been my desire to join the army for very long as I wanted to have my links with the armed forces, like my father and grandfather. I am honoured to be part of this family."
- Rajesh Pilot: In Spirit Forever, co-authored with sister Sarika Pilot.
- "Fifteenth Lok Sabha Members Bioprofile - Sachin Pilot". loksabha.nic. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Lok Sabha 2009 Winner -Ajmer (RAJASTHAN): Sachin Pilot". myneta.info. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "I wanted to be an Air Force pilot: Sachin Pilot". Rediff.com. 30 March 2012. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Sachin Pilot". Indiatoday. 18 March 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Ismat Tahseen (25 July 2010). "I don't take advantage of my surname: Sara Pilot". DNAindia.com. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Sachin Pilot shows assets worth Rs 4.5 crore - Times of India". IndiaTimes.com. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "A Football match by Cequin". photogallery.IndiaTimes.com. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- Sarah Abdullah and Sachin Pilot .(2008-11-06). Retrieved on 5 April 2012.
- Sachin 'pilots' Congress to victory – Times Of India.| Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2009-05-18). Retrieved on 5 April 2012.
- "Sachin Pilot commissioned as Territorial Army officer - Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". DNAIndia.com. 6 September 2012. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "Explore The Politicians in the Paradise Papers - ICIJ". ICIJ. Retrieved 2017-12-06.
- Pilot takes off