|Lieutenant Sachin Pilot|
Pilot at the World Economic Forum's India Economic Summit 2010
|Minister of Corporate Affairs|
28 October 2012 – 17 May 2014
|Prime Minister||Manmohan Singh|
|Preceded by||Veerappa Moily|
|Succeeded by||Arun Jaitley|
|Member of Parliament
16 May 2009 – 17 May 2014
|Preceded by||Rasa Singh Rawat|
|Succeeded by||Sanwar Lal Jat|
|Born||Sachin Rajesh Pilot
7 September 1977
Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Parents||Rajesh Pilot (father)
Rama Pilot (mother)
|Residence||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Alma mater||University of Delhi (B.A.)
University of Pennsylvania (M.B.A.)
Sachin Pilot (born 7 September 1977) is a politician and a member of the Indian National Congress. He represented Ajmer constituency of Rajasthan at member of Indian Parliament in the 15th Lok Sabha. He was Minister of Corporate Affairs and currently the president of Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee.
Pilot was born in Saharanpur city in Uttar Pradesh in a Gurjar family . He is the son of the Congress leader Rajesh Pilot and Rama Pilot. His father was a Union minister of India. His ancestral village is Vaidpura in Noida.
And studied at Air Force Bal Bharati School, New Delhi. He holds a B.A. from St. Stephens College, University of Delhi, Diploma in marketing from I.M.T. Ghaziabad and MBA from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
Pilot married Sara Abdullah on 15 January 2004. Sara Abdullah is the daughter of Farooq Abdullah, the National Conference and ex-Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir. Together they have two sons, Aaran and Vehaan. Currently, Sachin Pilot and Sara Pilot live in Ghaziabad.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, he was again nominated from the Ajmer constituency. Pilot, sitting MP from Ajmer, was defeated by a margin of 1,71,983 votes by Bharatiya Janata Party's sitting MLA Sanwarlal Jat.
Sachin Pilot on 6 September 2012 became the first Union minister of India to be commissioned as an officer in the Territorial Army, fulfilling his desire to follow his father's footsteps to be in the armed forces. He is therefore known as Lieutenant Pilot for being an officer in the Territorial Army.  After being commissioned he said, "This has been my desire to join the army for very long as I wanted to have my links with the armed forces, like my father and grandfather. I am honoured to be part of this family."
In November 2017 an investigation conducted by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalism cited his name in the list of politicians named in "Paradise Papers" allegations.
- Rajesh Pilot: In Spirit Forever, co-authored with sister Sarika Pilot.
- "Fifteenth Lok Sabha Members Bioprofile - Sachin Pilot". loksabha.nic. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Lok Sabha 2009 Winner -Ajmer (RAJASTHAN): Sachin Pilot". myneta.info. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "I wanted to be an Air Force pilot: Sachin Pilot". Rediff.com. 30 March 2012. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Sachin Pilot". Indiatoday. 18 March 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Ismat Tahseen (25 July 2010). "I don't take advantage of my surname: Sara Pilot". DNAindia.com. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Sachin Pilot shows assets worth Rs 4.5 crore - Times of India". IndiaTimes.com. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "A Football match by Cequin". photogallery.IndiaTimes.com. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- Sarah Abdullah and Sachin Pilot .(2008-11-06). Retrieved on 5 April 2012.
- Sachin 'pilots' Congress to victory – Times Of India.| Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2009-05-18). Retrieved on 5 April 2012.
- "Sachin Pilot commissioned as Territorial Army officer - Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". DNAIndia.com. 6 September 2012. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "Explore The Politicians in the Paradise Papers - ICIJ". ICIJ. Retrieved 2017-12-06.
- Pilot takes off