Sachse High School
|Sachse High School|
|1111 Miles Road
Sachse, Texas, Dallas County 75048-4621
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Garland Independent School District|
|Superintendent||Bob Morrison, Ed.D.|
|• Grade 9||624|
|• Grade 10||647|
|• Grade 11||617|
|• Grade 12||535|
|Average class size||24 English
24 foreign language
27 social studies
|Student to teacher ratio||15.5|
|Hours in school day||8|
|Color(s)||Blue, Orange & White|
|Sports||Football, Basketball, Track, Tennis, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, Golf, Cross Country, Soccer|
|Average SAT scores||1337|
|Average ACT scores||21.47483648|
Tyler Holmes (2012) Defensive Tackle University of Kansas
▪ Drew Douglas (2012) Linebacker UTSA
▪ Austin Williams (2013) Track and WR Houston Baptist University
▪ Kent Myers (2014) QB Utah State University
▪ Marcus Hubbard (2014) Cornerback University of Louisiana at Monroe
▪Tyrique Edwards (2014) WR Midwestern State University
▪ Alec DiValerio (2014) Defensive End Midwestern State University
▪ Austin Roland (2014) Offensive Lineman Midwestern State University
▪ James Mayden (2014) WR Rice University
▪ Ashley Hearn (2015) Forward UCLA Women's Basketball
▪ Carter Ochsner (2015) Tesla Systems Engineer
▪ Michael Douglas (2015) Forward/Guard Florida International University
▪ Ben Moye (2015) Offensive Lineman University of Louisiana at Monroe
▪ Devine Ozigbo (2015) RB Nebraska University
▪ Kevin O'Neill (2015) Linebacker Lamar University
▪ Brett Cox (2015) QB Lamar University▪ Javon Collins (2015) Cornerback Sam Houston State University
|Website||Sachse High School|
Sachse High School is a public high school located in Sachse, Texas (USA). Sachse High School enrolls students in grades 9-12 and is a part of the Garland Independent School District. The first graduating class was the Charter Class of 2005.
Statistics (per 2009)
The attendance rate for students at the school is 96%, equal to the state average of 96%. 25% of the students at Sachse are economically disadvantaged, 10% enroll in special education, 6% enroll in gifted and talent programs, 39% are enrolled in career and technology programs, and 7% are considered "limited English proficient."
Teachers at the school carry, on average, 9 years of teaching experience and 6% of the teachers on staff are first-year teachers.
In 2011 Sachse High School made it to the state playoffs for football for the first time in the school's history.
Garland ISD is a Free Choice school district, which allows the parent to choose which school his or her children want to attend within the district.
Sachse High School has a strong athletic department, and offers its students the following sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Powerlifting, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track, and Volleyball. Sachse was put into the UIL Class 5A for the 2013-2014 school year, but will be moved to the UIL Class 6A Region 2 District 11 for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Garland ISD: Quick Facts About Us. Retrieved on 2008-11-07.
- GISD Leadership. Retrieved on 2008-11-07.
- Garland ISD: Administration. Retrieved on 2008-11-07.
- 2014-15 Campus Report Card. Retrieved on 2017-02-17.
- Garland ISD: Schedules. Retrieved on 2008-11-07.
- Garland ISD: School Spirit & History. Retrieved on 2008-11-07.
- College Admissions Testing (SAT and ACT) in Texas Public Schools. Retrieved on 2014-1-12.
- Garland ISD: Newspaper. Retrieved on 2008-11-07.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- GISD Choice of School. Retrieved on 2008-11-07.