|Full name||Sadagoppan Ramesh|
16 October 1975 |
Madras, Tamil Nadu, India
|Batting style||Left-hand bat|
|Bowling style||Right-arm offbreak|
|Test debut (cap 219)||28 January 1999 v Pakistan|
|Last Test||2 September 2001 v Sri Lanka|
|ODI debut (cap 122)||30 March 1999 v Sri Lanka|
|Last ODI||3 October 1999 v South Africa|
|Source: , 4 February 2006|
Sadagoppan Ramesh pronunciation (help·info) (born 16 October 1975) is an Indian film actor and former cricketer. He is a left-handed batsman and a right-arm offbreak bowler. Ramesh is the first Indian cricketer to take a wicket off his first ball in ODI cricket.
Despite having a batting average of over 50 in his first six tests and proving that he could easily play against top bowlers, he did not convert his starts into big scores. He was discarded from the team after India's tour of Sri Lanka when Ramesh passed 30 runs in 5 out of the 6 innings but only one innings was converted to a 50. Though he originally played for Tamil Nadu, he played domestic cricket for Kerala during 2005–06, 2006–07 seasons and Assam in the 2007–08 season.
Sadgopan Ramesh is married to Aparna in 2002. They have a daughter and son.
- "Sadagopan Ramesh, Former Cricketer". 30 March 2011 – via The Hindu.
- "Ramesh dismissed in Sydney".
- "A flying start for Sadagopan Ramesh - The Times of India".
- "Cricketer Sadagopan Ramesh becomes hero".
- "nowrunning.com - Indian Movies, showitmes, reviews, videos - Indian movie portal.".
- "`I'm not finished yet'". p. 04 – via The Hindu (old).