|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008)|
Saddar, Rawalpindi, Pakistan, is the main commercial hub of Rawalpindi Cantonment. It is located between the Mall road and the main Railway lines connecting Rawalpindi with down-country. It has some major business and commercial centres, main branches of major Pakistani banks and residential areas of British colonial era. Saddar is a home to dense residential and commercial buildings. Shops as well as shopping malls offer a diverse range of locally manufactures products and imported items. Chota Bazaar is a famous shopping area of northern part of Saddar.
- Haider Road
It is the first parallel road to the Mall Road and is well known for banks, photocopier shops and handicrafts’ outlets. Its old name is Lawrence Road and connects Murree Road with Mahfooz Road which leads to the city Railway station. This road is the main passage of all the city transports which travel to all parts of the city as well as Islamabad.
- Bank Road
It also runs parallel to the Mall road just next to Haider Road and has been named so because the National Bank of Pakistan is situated on it. In fact, branches of almost all banks are situated on this road. Gakkhar Plaza is a prominent shopping center on this road. Various markets exist for branded garments (Bonanza, Leeds, Cambridge, Levi's, Oxford, etc.) plus boutiques and shops for ceremonial dresses. Two big markets of Mobilephones also exist on the same road.
- Adamjee Road
Next to Bank Road is the Adamjee Road which road originates from the Sarwar Road at Punj Sarki (5-road) Fuel Station and crosses Kashmir Road and continues towards the Railway line towards the north. Ministry of Defence offices and Poonch House are the important landmarks on this road. After crossing Kashmir Road, you can find lots of shops of auto spare parts of almost all automobiles running in Pakistan. The oldest Chhota Bazar (Small Market) is also located on this road after the spareparts shops.
- Kashmir Road
This road originates from the Mall Road and hits Murree Road at Mareer Chowk. It is famous for branded garments shops, market for automobile spare parts, meat and poultry market and a tailor shops for ladies clothes. Its previous name was Dalhousie Road. General Post Office of Pakistan Post is an important landmark on Kashmir road. The biggest mosque of Rawalpindi, Jamia Islamia (Gousia mosque) is also situated on this road.
- Canning Road
This road connects Adamjee Road to the Mall Road. You can find shops of carpets and handmade products on this road.
- Harding Road
This road connects Bank Road to the Mall Road and leads to the Cantonment Hospital just behind the Gakhar Plaza.
- Police Station Road
Cantt Police Station is situated on this road just behind the Cantonment hospital.
- Mahfooz Road
This road connects Mall Road to the railway station. A big public school is also situated on this road.
- Rehman Town Islamabad
Rehman Town Islamabad is a new development area nearby motorway chowk kashmimr highway
Schools and colleges
- Govt. Denny's High School (since 1871)
- F G College for Women (old C. B. College)
- F G Girls High School
- F G Public Secondary School (old Cantt Public High School)
- Saint John's High School
- F G Sir Syed School for Boys The Mall Road
- Pakistan Advanced College of Excellence
- F G Boys High School, Daryabad, RAwalpindi
F G SIR SYED GIRLS SECONDARY SCHOOL THE MALL RAWALPINDI
Hospitals and clinics
- Cantonment General Hospital
- Health ways
- Dr.Shah Medical Dental Health care center
- Ghousia Mosques, part of Varan Tours office/Old GTS, on Adam ji Road
- "Rawalpindi fire death toll rises to 6". Allvoices.com. 2010-03-08. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- "Fire in Gakkhar Plaza Rawalpindi | The Pakistani Spectator". Pkhope.com. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- Abbasi, Obaid (2011-05-21). "Missing person case : IHC summons intelligence chiefs – The Express Tribune". Tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- "Jahangir akhtar hunger strike - Jhangir akthar news - Jhangir akhter hunger strike on pakistani channels - Imran Khan visits Jahangir Akhtar’s hunger strike camp to show solidarity | Pakistan News, Political Talk Shows, Live Video News, TV Channels, Current Affairs, Recorded Talk Shows, Sports, Pakistan Youth, Online Movies, Videos & Articles". Pak-news.com. 2011-09-13. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- Raja, Mudassir (2011-10-29). "Third day of Diwali: Festivities continue with spark and vigour – The Express Tribune". Tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- "City Maps". Pindionline.com. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- Fire in Gakkhar Plaza
- Missing person case : IHC summons intelligence chiefs
- Imran Khan visits Jahangir Akhtar’s hunger strike camp to show solidarity
- Third day of Diwali: Festivities continue with spark and vigour