Saddle Creek Corporation
Saddle Creek Corporation is a nationwide third-party logistics (3PL) company providing integrated warehousing, transportation, packaging and fulfillment services. Headquartered in Lakeland, Florida, the 3PL operates locations across the U.S. The company's transportation division, Saddle Creek Transportation, offers both logistics services and fleet operations nationwide.
In 1966, a chance conversation about the need for local warehouse space convinced David Lyons and a friend to partner in building a 12,000-square-foot (1,100 m2) warehouse facility in Lakeland.
At first, the small 3PL handled bottle caps and then glass bottles for the citrus industry.
Over the years, Saddle Creek broadened its customer base and expanded its services through controlled, strategic growth, seizing opportunities that fit the company’s strengths and strategic interests. Saddle Creek expanded into transportation with a fleet of trucks and a brokerage operation, and capitalized on growing demand for packaging services with the purchase of a contract packaging company in Charlotte, NC.
While still a family-owned company today, Saddle Creek has become a leading, nationwide third-party logistics provider. Employing more than 2,000 associates to help manage 15,000,000 square feet (1,400,000 m2) of space and 27 locations around the country.
Most recently, the acquisition of California-based 3PL ServiceCraft Logistics enlarged Saddle Creek's geographic footprint in late 2009, while the acquisition of ProLog Logistics in December 2010 helped the company expand into the rapidly growing order fulfillment market.
In 2011, the company's founder, David Lyons, was a finalist for the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in the Florida Region
- "Company Overview of ServiceCraft, LLC". Bloomberg. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- George, Jim (December 17, 2010). "Saddle Creek acquires ProLog Logistics". Packaging World. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- "2011 Cross-Docking Trends Report". SupplyChainBrain. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- "The Report You Need on Secondary Packaging Trends". Packaging World. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- "Lifetime achievement honoree and award finalists". Ernst & Young. Archived from the original on October 19, 2011. Retrieved June 5, 2017.