Saddle Island, South Georgia
Location of Saddle Island in South Georgia Islands
|Archipelago||South Georgia Islands|
|Length||1.98 km (1.23 mi)|
|Width||0.98 km (0.609 mi)|
Coordinates: Saddle Island is 1.98 km (1.23 mi) long and 980 metres (1,070 yd) wide, situated on the south side of the entrance to Wilson Harbour on the west coast of South Georgia Island in the Antarctic. The island is separated from the mainland of South Georgia by a 280 metres (310 yd) wide passage.
- Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- List of Antarctic and sub-Antarctic islands
- List of Antarctic islands north of 60° S
- South Georgia. Scale 1:200000 topographic map. DOS 610 Series. Directorate of Overseas Surveys, Tolworth, UK, 1958.
- Distances measured by Google Earth.
- Saddle Island. Agreement on the Conservation of Albatrosses and Petrels: Data Portal.
- J.P. Croxall. Distribution and population changes in the wandering albatross Diomedea Exulans at South Georgia. British Antarctic Survey, 1979.
|This South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|