Saddle River School District
|Saddle River School District|
|Business Administrator:||Fred Palumbo|
|Address:||97 East Allendale Road
Saddle River, NJ 07458
|Enrollment:||228 (as of 2011-12)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||23.9|
|District Factor Group:||J|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||2,464||54||1,552||58.8%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||63,706||49||57,437|
|Data from NJDoE 2014 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-6 districts with any number of students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=59
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "J", the-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Public school students from Saddle River attend the Ramsey Public School District's middle school and then have the option of attending either Ramsey High School or Northern Highlands Regional High School as part of sending/receiving relationships with each of the respective districts.
As of 2012, school elections were shifted from April to the November general election as part of an effort to reduce the costs of a standalone April vote.
Wandell School served 228 students in Kindergarten through fifth grade as of the 2011-12 school year.
- Margaret Contaldi, Superintendent
- Fred D. Palumbo, Board Secretary / Business Administrator
- District information for Saddle River School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed September 10, 2014.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed September 10, 2014.
- Staff. "Tuition to rise $219 under new contract", Town Journal, November 19, 2009. Accessed September 10, 2014. "With no high school in the borough, Saddle River students have the option of enrolling in either Ramsey High School or Northern Highlands. The new deal replaces the previous agreement that covered 1998 to 2008."
- Ramsey Public Schools 2014 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 22, 2015. " In addition to serving the residents of Ramsey, the District educates the students of Saddle River in grades 6-12 through a send-receive relationship."
- Ramsey Schools Overview, Saddle River School District, May 28, 2014. Accessed September 28, 2014. "Following graduation from Fifth grade, students enter Eric Smith Middle School in Ramsey, New Jersey. Upon graduation from Eighth grade students may attend Ramsey High School."
- Northern Highlands High School Overview, Saddle River School District, May 28, 2014. Accessed September 28, 2014. "Northern Highlands High School is located in Allendale New Jersey and is one of the two high schools Saddle River students may elect to attend."
- Kleimann, Karen; Clyde, John. "Districts moving school elections", Town Journal, February 15, 2012. Accessed November 30, 2014. "The Allendale, Ho-Ho-Kus, Northern Highlands, Saddle River and Upper Saddle River boards of education voted to move their respective school elections to November for at least the next four annual elections. The five districts, along with a majority of school boards across the state, are moving their elections from April to November in hopes of sparing taxpayers the expense of a separate election, according to the New Jersey School Boards Association."
- School Data for the Saddle River School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed September 10, 2014.
- New Jersey School Directory for Bergen County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed September 10, 2014.
- Board of Education, Saddle River School District. Accessed September 10, 2014.
- Saddle River School District
- Saddle River School District's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Saddle River School District, National Center for Education Statistics
- Ramsey Public School District
- Northern Highlands Regional High School