The saddle shoe, also known as "saddle oxford", is a low-heeled casual shoe, characterized by a plain toe and saddle-shaped decorative panel placed mid foot. Saddle shoes are typically constructed of leather and are most frequently white with a black or dark blue saddle, although any color combination is possible.
Saddle shoes are worn by both men and women in a variety of styles ranging from golf cleats to school uniform shoes.
In popular culture
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Saddle shoes.|
- saddle shoe. (n.d.) Random House Kernerman Webster’s College Dictionary. (2010). Retrieved June 9, 2016 from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/saddle+shoe
- "What are Saddle Shoes? (with pictures)".
- Moore, Jim (18 June 2010). "GQ Endorses: The Return of the Saddle Shoe".
- Macedo, Diane (26 October 2010). "Sesame Street Tweet Sparks Rumors That Bert Is Out of the Closet".
- "Is Lucy Van Pelt Jewish?". 1 February 1999.
- "Humbert's Description of Lolita in Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita - Bartleby". www.bartleby.com.
- Logan, Elizabeth. "The Return of 'Twin Peaks' Has Us All Nostalgic For Its 90s Fashion".
- Garis, Mary Grace. "So, You Want To Dress Like Audrey Horne?".
- Robinson, Joanna. "Did Twin Peaks Just Reveal the Key to Waking Agent Cooper Up?".
- Builder, Maxine. "How To Dress Like Rory Gilmore For Halloween".