|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sadettin Kaynak (1895–3 February 1961) was a prominent composer of Turkish classical music.
Born in Istanbul, he became a hafiz at a young age. He completed his music education at the Istanbul University. Later, he traveled to south east Anatolia and researched Turkish folk music there. He was supported by the new republic ; he was one of the most important composer of Turkish Classical Music. He introduced western concepts in unique "makams" (movements). He wholeheartedly supported the reforms Introduced by Atatürk. Being an Imam, he was one of the first open-minded religious person reciting "muslims prayers call known as Ezan " in pure Turkish. He composed over 300 songs in classical Turkish music. He had a stroke in 1955, and lived paralyzed until his death on 3 February 1961.
Below is a list of some of his compositions with the associated makam. He has got 330 composition in 42 different makam.
- Dertliyim ruhuma hicranını (segah-nihavend)
- Bir esmer dilberin vuruldum hüsnüne (kürdilihicazkar)
- Leyla (hicazkar)
- Enginde yavaş yavaş (hicaz)
- Kalplerden dudaklara (nihavent)
- Ben güzele güzel demem (mahur)
- Batan gün kana benziyor (muhayyer)
- Çıkar yücelerden haber sorarım (hüzzam).
- InleyenNagmeler.com - Many Different Biographies of Saadettin Kaynak
- Biyografi.net - Biography of Sadettin Kaynak
|This article about a Turkish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|