(Redirected from Sadism and masochism as medical terms)
|Look up sadism or sadistic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sadism may refer to:
- Sadomasochism, the giving or receiving pleasure from acts involving the receipt or infliction of pain or humiliation
- Sadistic personality disorder, an obsolete term proposed for individuals who derive pleasure from the suffering of others
- Sexual sadism disorder, a medical/psychological condition for sexual arousal from inflicting pain/humiliation on unwilling, non-consenting victims
- BDSM, sadomasochistic play between consenting adults
- Sadist (disambiguation)
- Marquis de Sade (1740–1814), 18th-century French writer, from whom the term sadism was coined
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sadism.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.