(Redirected from Sadism and masochism as medical terms)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up sadism or sadistic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sadism may refer to:
- Sadomasochism, the giving or receiving pleasure from acts involving the receipt or infliction of pain or humiliation
- Sadistic personality disorder, an obsolete term proposed for individuals who derive pleasure from the suffering of others
- Sexual sadism disorder, a medical/psychological condition for sexual arousal from inflicting pain/humiliation on unwilling, non-consenting victims
- BDSM, sadomasochistic play between consenting adults
- Sadist (disambiguation)
- Marquis de Sade (1740–1814), 18th-century French writer, from whom the term sadism was coined
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sadism.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.