|Residence||London, United Kingdom|
|Occupation||Political activist, journalist, commentator, and member of the Bahrain Freedom Movement|
According to the London-based Centre for the Study of Terrorism, of which he is Trustee, Shahabi edited the London-based Pan-Arabic weekly Al Aalam from 1983 to 1999 and, in addition to being Chairman of the Gulf Cultural Club, serves as a trustee of two Muslim charities located in London, the Dar Al-Hekma Trust and the Abrar Islamic Foundation, and writes "regularly" for Al-Quds and The Muslim News.
The BBC describes Shehabi as "leader of a Bahraini opposition group in London."
- Mahdi Amirisefat "Bahraini rulers importing extremism", Press TV, February 15, 2009.
- "Dr. Saeed Shahabi - 32nd Anniversary Islamic Revolution - Islamic Centre of England - English", ShiaTV.net.
- "'Human tragedy unfolding in Bahrain", Press TV, April 5, 2011.
- Centre for the Study of Terrorism
- "Bahrain's soldiers 'don't want to continue to kill anybody'", BBC News, March 17, 2011.