Safari Books Online
|Parent company||O'Reilly Media|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Sebastopol, California|
|Publication types||digital books|
Safari Books Online LLC is a digital library founded in July 2001 and headquartered in Sebastopol, California, with offices in Boston and Scottsdale. It was founded as a joint venture between O'Reilly Media and the Pearson Technology Group. In 2014, O'Reilly Media acquired Pearson's stake, making Safari Books Online a wholly owned subsidiary of O'Reilly Media.
Safari's main product is a subscription-based, digital library that includes books, videos, short form content ("Short Cuts"), and evolving manuscripts ("Rough Cuts") from O'Reilly Media and other publishers including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Peachpit, John Wiley & Sons, Microsoft Press, Adobe Press, Cisco Press, Manning Publications, Packt, SAS Publishing, IBM Press, FT Press and Focal Press.
Safari has a variety of subscription plans for individuals and institutions.
Safari purchased PubFactory’s Electronic Platform, an electronic publishing platform, from RDW Group in 2012.
- "O’Reilly purchases Pearson’s stake in Safari". O'Reilly Media. 4 August 2014.
- Tim Warner (8 July 2008). "Introduction to Safari Books Online". InformIT. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
- "Wiley Joins Safari Books Online". Bookseller And Publisher Online. 6 November 2007. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
- "Safari Books Online Adds Manning Publications". EContent. Information Today. 22 July 2008. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
- "Packt Publishing adds books to Safari Books Online". Packt Publishing. 27 March 2008. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- IEEE Computer Society Safari Access page
- Heim, Anna (3 January 2013). "Digital publisher Safari Books Online buys PubFactory’s Electronic Platform". TNW News. The Next Web. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|