|Developer(s)||Safer Social Ltd.|
|Initial release||March 2013|
4.9 / 1 December 2017
|Operating system||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Linux, Google Chrome extension, Mozilla add on|
|Available in||English, German, French, Russian, Arabic, Persian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish and Turkish|
SaferVPN was released in 2013 by Amit Bareket and Sagi Gidali. SaferVPN network infrastructure served as the basis of Bareket's and Gidali's next company, Perimeter 81. The service was acquired by J2 Global in 2019 Q3 and was eventually merged into StrongVPN.
On December 6, 2023 SaferVPN sent an email notifying customers of SaferVPN ending as on December 15, 2023.
- "SaferVPN: This newcomer is off to a good start". PCWorld. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "Protect Your Business! The 7 Cybersecurity Tools You Need as an Entrepreneur". Entrepreneur. 20 December 2017. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- Vilner, Yoav. "16 Israeli Startups Ready To Take On 2016". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-10-04.
- SonicWall leads $10m round in Perimeter 81, Globes, Yasmin Yablonko, 21 November 2019
- "J2 Global Completes Four Acquisitions in Q3 2019" (Press release). Business Wire. 2019-10-07. Archived from the original on 2022-05-24. Retrieved 2022-11-05.
- "VPN protocols | SaferVPN". Archived from the original on 2019-01-09. Retrieved 2022-11-05.