|Operating bases||Kabul International Airport|
|Secondary hubs||Dubai International Airport|
|Focus cities||Kabul, Dubai, Jeddah, New Delhi|
|Frequent-flyer program||Saffron Rewards|
|Company slogan||The International Airline of Afghanistan|
|Parent company||Safi Airways Ltd |
|Key people||Ghulam Hazrat Safi (Chairman)
Zaidan Khalifat (Deputy CEO)
Joshua G. Bustos (Chief Commercial Officer)
Dubai and Kabul-based Safi Airways Co. (Persian: خطوط هوایی صافی) is the first and largest privately owned airline from Afghanistan.It is a subsidiary of the Safi Group and was founded in 2006 by its current chairman and CEO, Ghulam Hazrat Safi. The airline has its headquarters in Shahr-e-Naw, Kabul, Afghanistan, an administrative office in the Dubai Airport Free Zone, and a downtown ticketing office in Deira, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.It is the first Afghan airline to operate in compliance with European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) requirements, IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit) and ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
On 15 June 2009, Safi Airways commenced operations between the Afghan capital, Kabul, and Frankfurt, Germany. This service was suspended on 24 November 2010 due to an EU ban barring all Afghan carriers from flying into Europe.
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) conducted an audit on Safi Airways in February 2012, which the airline passed; it was the first Afghan airline to qualify for a passenger airline certification.
Safi Airways serves the following destinations (as of July 2015):
|Abu Dhabi||United Arab Emirates||Abu Dhabi International Airport||Terminated|
|Bahrain||Bahrain||Bahrain International Airport||Terminated|
|Delhi||India||Indira Gandhi International Airport|
|Dubai||United Arab Emirates||Dubai International Airport|
|Herat||Afghanistan||Herat International Airport|
|Islamabad||Pakistan||Benazir Bhutto International Airport|||
|Jeddah||Saudi Arabia||King Abdulaziz International Airport|
|Kabul||Afghanistan||Kabul International Airport||Base|
|Kandahar||Afghanistan||Kandahar International Airport|
|Kuwait City||Kuwait||Kuwait International Airport||Terminated|
|Mazar-i-Sharif||Afghanistan||Mazar-e Sharif International Airport|||
|Mashhad||Iran||Mashhad International Airport|||
|Airbus A320-200||2||—||12||132||144||1 operated by Kam Air|
Safi Airways previously operated the following aircraft:
- "Conditions of Transport" (PDF). Safi Airways. Retrieved 2008-07-08.
- Kamel, Deena. "Afghanistan's Safi Airways Plans Route Expansion, Jet Purchases". Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Safi Airways- Flights to Kabul, Dubai, Jeddah, Delhi, Islamabad". Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Contact Info." "
- "Skyliner - aviation news & more". Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Airliners.net - Aviation Photography, Discussion Forums & News". Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "News Channel - Homepage - flightglobal.com". Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Scheduled Flights to Kabul, Dubai, Herat, Jeddah, Delhi, Islamabad, Mazar-e-Sharif, Mashhad". Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- 2016, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Safi Airways Adds New Routes from Oct 2013". Retrieved 8 September 2016.
-  safiairways.com
-  safiairways.com
- Safi Airways future destinations safiairways.com
- Safi Airways Fleet ch-aviation.ch
- Safi Airways Fleet safiairways.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Safi Airways.|
- Safi Airways | Website
- Safi Airways | Facebook
- Safi Airways| Twitter
- Safi Airways | Google+
- Safi Airways | Linkedin
- Safi Airways | YouTube
- Safi Airways | Tumblr
- Safi Airways | Pinterest
- Safi | Safety Comes First
- Safi Airways Fleet
- Safi Airways aircraft