|Type||Multipurpose military vehicle|
|Place of origin||Iran|
Iraq: Shia private militias
|Manufacturer||Fath Vehicle Industries|
|Weight||1.62 tonnes. 2.35 tonnes fully loaded|
|Crew||1 (+5 passengers)|
|12x Fajr 1 107 mm rockets, or a 106 mm recoilless rifle or a Toophan anti-tank missile launcher|
|Engine||Nissan Z24 gasoline engine
The Safir was officially unveiled in 2008. In the ceremony, Iranian defense minister said that 3,000 Safirs were built in that year, and Fath industries would deliver 5,000 more vehicles to defense industry per year.
- A version equipped with 12 Fajr 1 107 mm rocket tubes.
- A version equipped with a 106 mm recoilless rifle for use against enemy armored vehicles
- A model equipped with a Toophan anti tank missile launcher to counter enemy tanks
- A model equipped with 9K11 Malyutka anti tank missiles (Probably Iranian produced Ra'ad)
- A model equipped with Towsan anti tank missiles
- A variant equipped with a Grenade launcher
- Command vehicle
- Radio wave emitter
Safir can greatly enhance Iran's ability to transport its units across the country and also improves the maneuverability of the Iranian forces across the battlefield. Also it acts as fast transporter of Fajr 1 rockets, 106 mm recoilless rifle and Toophan anti tank missile.