|Industry||Access & Industrial Services|
|Bill Hayes (President & CEO)|
Number of employees
BrandSafway is a construction and civil engineering company in the United States. BrandSafway has customers in 30 countries and has annual sales of 5 billion per year. The company provides Safety equipment to businesses around the world. They have 114 locations in the United States and Canada. The company has a total of 253 locations around the world.
The company was started in 1919 and is headquartered in Georgia. Over the years the company expanded to other countries. The company has provided safety equipment on construction sites. In 2017 the company began to focus on safety equipment which would be needed to improve infrastructure. Bridges and other Infrastructure has begun to age in North America and BrandSafway began to focus on supplying the safety equipment which will be needed. In 2019 the company had over 38,000 employees. Brookfield Business Partners bought 45% of the company in September 2019. BrandSafway was valued at $6.7 billion at the time of the purchase. In January 2020, BrandSafway announced the purchase of AGF Access Group.
The company is often contracted to provide safety equipment for complicated jobs. Recently they provided scaffolding for the 120 year old Milwaukee City Hall in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and the Old Cathedral in St. Louis, Missouri. In December 2019 the company was hired to provide safety equipment and scaffolding for work on the Space Needle in Seattle, Washington.
- "Brookfield to take 45% stake in BrandSafway for $1.3 billion". Reuters. 30 September 2019. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "Brandsafway Around the World". beis.com/uk. Brandsafway. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "Business Description About Brandsafway". thomasnet.com. Thomas Publishing Company. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "Locations". brandsafway.com. Industrial Services, Inc. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- Ball, Jack. "HSE, tech drive formwork growth despite GCC redesign challenges". constructionweekonline.com. ITP Media Group. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- Currier, Joel (2 July 2019). "Family sues over St. Louis worker's fatal fall through elevator shaft". St. Louis Post Dispatch. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- Roth, Michael. "Scaffolding Giant Safway Launches Infrastructure Services Group". rermag.com. Eendeavor Business Media LLC. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "A conversation with Dave Witsken of BrandSafway". BIC Alliance, Inc. 2 December 2019. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- Khan, Shariq. "Brookfield to take 45% stake in BrandSafway for $1.3 bln". nasdaq.com. Nasdaq, Inc. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- Dorian, Iris (10 January 2020). "PE-backed BrandSafway to buy AGF Access Group". PE Hub: PEI Media Group. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
BrandSafway has agreed to acquire Quebec-based AGF Access Group, a provider of provider of turnkey solutions for both small-scale as well as multibillion-dollar commercial construction and refurbishment projects.
- "Using New Ideas to Restore Old Structures". enr.com. Engineering News record. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "BrandSafway wins Access Project of the Year". BIC Alliance, Inc. 10 December 2019. Retrieved 26 January 2020.