|Full name||Safyaan Mohammed Sharif|
24 May 1991 |
Huddersfield, Yorkshire, England
|Bowling style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|ODI debut (cap 45)||29 June 2011 v Netherlands|
|Last ODI||8 January 2015 v Afghanistan|
|ODI shirt no.||50|
|T20I debut||13 March 2012 v Kenya|
|Last T20I||25 July 2015 v Hong Kong|
|Domestic team information|
|Source: ESPNcricinfo, 27 July 2015|
Safyaan Mohammed Sharif (born 24 May 1991) is an English-born Scottish cricketer of Pakistani origin. Born in Huddersfield, Yorkshire, Sharif is a right-arm fast-medium bowler and a right-handed batsman.
Sharif made his debut for Scotland in a One Day International against the Netherlands in the 2011-13 Intercontinental Cup One-Day competition in June 2011, taking figures of 4/27. The following month he played two further One Day International's in the tri-nation series against Ireland and Sri Lanka, with both matches played at The Grange, Edinburgh. He later made four List A appearances against English counties in the 2011 Clydesdale Bank 40. In September 2011, Sharif made his first-class debut in the 2011-13 ICC Intercontinental Cup against Namibia at the Wanderers Cricket Ground, Windhoek. Following the match he played in Scotland's two List A matches against Namibia, which formed part of the ICC Intercontinental Cup One-Day competition. During the tour, he also made four Twenty20 appearances against the hosts, taking 8 wickets at an average of 10.37, with best figures of 3/29.
In February 2012, he made his second first-class appearance against the United Arab Emirates in the Intercontinental Cup. He was selected as part of Scotland's squad for the World Twenty20 Qualifier which proceeds their series against the United Arab Emirates.
- ""Hopefully we can beat a couple of the big teams at the World Cup": Safyaan Sharif". Pakpassion. 12 February 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
You are not going to play Pakistan in the group stages next year, and you were injured last year when Pakistan visited Scotland as well – do you have any regrets about that?... Yes obviously, I have always wanted to play against my home country.
- "Scotland v Netherlands, 2011-13 ICC Intercontinental Cup One-Day". CricketArchive. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- "One-Day International Matches played by Safyaan Sharif". CricketArchive. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- "List A Matches played by Safyaan Sharif". CricketArchive. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- "First-Class Matches played by Safyaan Sharif". CricketArchive. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- "Twenty20 Matches played by Safyaan Sharif". CricketArchive. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- "Twenty20 Bowling For Each Team by Safyaan Sharif". CricketArchive. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- "Scotland name touring squads". CricketEurope. www.cricketeurope4.net. 8 February 2012. Retrieved 19 February 2012.