Sagamore Hills Township, Summit County, Ohio
|Sagamore Hills Township|
Location in Summit County and the state of Ohio.
|• Total||11.3 sq mi (29.3 km2)|
|• Land||11.3 sq mi (29.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||932 ft (284 m)|
|• Density||827.0/sq mi (319.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087015|
Located in the northwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships and municipalities:
- Walton Hills - north
- Northfield - northeast
- Northfield Center Township - east
- Boston Township - south
- Brecksville - west
- Independence - northwest corner
- Valley View - northwest, east of Independence
No municipalities are located in Sagamore Hills Township.
Name and history
It is the only Sagamore Hills Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Sagamore Hills is part of the Nordonia Hills school system. Rushwood elementary is located in Sagamore Hills
Emergency services are provided by the Sagamore Hills Police Department and the Macedonia Fire Department. Macedonia Fire Station 2 (2220) Sagamore Hills division responds to 911 calls within Sagamore Hills and has two squads, an engine, a command vehicle, and an all terrain vehicle.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Summit County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sagamore Hills Township, Ohio.|