Sage Creek High School
|Sage Creek High School|
3900 Cannon Rd
|Type||Public school (government funded), STEM|
|Motto||"Be Your BEST!"|
|School district||Carlsbad Unified School District|
|Number of students||1320 (2018-2019)|
|Color(s)||Green, Gold, White and Black |
|Athletics||CIF San Diego Section, Avocado East League|
Sage Creek High School is a public high school in Carlsbad, California. It opened in the fall of 2013 and is located in a coastal suburb of San Diego. Sage Creek specializes in the STEM fields and was created to alleviate growing enrollment in the first Carlsbad High School. Although the school is public, a lottery for admission is held if a class reaches a certain threshold. Sage Creek offers Wrestling, Lacrosse, Tennis, Volleyball, Girls' Field Hockey, Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, Golf, Boys' Baseball, Girls' Softball, Soccer, and Swimming.
Sage Creek is a verified CHPS school, this means the school includes many renewable materials, water, and electricity saving technologies. The roughly 40-acre campus cost over $100 million to build, and includes 3 parking lots, 4 academic buildings, and several sport courts. A 17,500 square foot Performing Arts Center (PAC) opened in June 2018.
Achievements, awards, distinctions
The California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) is the governing body for high school sports in California.
Men's Cross Country
- 2016 - Boys' Cross Country Team received 2nd in the California State CIF Championship division 4.
Women's Cross Country
- 2018 - Girls' Cross Country Team received 1st in the California State CIF Championship division 4.
- 2017 - Boys' Volleyball Team places 1st in the California Regional CIF Championship division 3.
- 2016 - Surf Team won their division taking a 4-0 undefeated season victory.
- 2017 34th AVN Award, Outstanding Performance in Film Production and Method Acting
Project Design Awards
- 2013 ABC, Award of Excellence
- 2013 ENR California Best Project Award, K-12 category
- 2013 AGC Build San Diego Merit Award, Excellence in Sustainable Project category
- 2014 ASCE, Award of Excellence, Land Development
- 2014 APWA, Project of the Year for Structures, Sustainable/Green and Projects More than $75 Million
- 2016 10th place in San Diego Regional Science Olympiad Competition
- 2017 7th place in San Diego Regional Science Olympiad Competition
- 2019 5th place in San Diego Regional Science Olympiad Competition
Sage Creek has programs in the STEM fields, including four-year Biomedical and Engineering strands through Project Lead the Way.
- Tucker, Jenny; et al. "Morales Announces His Departure From Sage Creek". The Sage. The Sage Publication. Retrieved 25 December 2018.
- "Sage Creek High". California Department of Education. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- "Sage Creek Directory". Public View Directory. CIF San Diego Section. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "CHPS Verified". Collaborative for High Performance Schools. CHPS. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- Puterski, Steve. "Sage Creek christens performing arts center". The Coast News. The Coast News Group. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "2016 CIF State Cross Country Finals". Sports Timing and Results Services. Record Timing, LLC. Retrieved 16 December 2018.
- "2018 CIF State Cross Country Finals". Sports Timing and Results Services. Record Timing, LLC. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- "California Interscholastic Federation". cifstate.org. Retrieved 2017-05-28.
- "SCHOLASTIC SURF SERIES 2015 / 2016 END OF SEASON TEAM & DIVISION RATINGS" (PDF). www.surfsss.org. SurfSSS. Retrieved 23 May 2016.
- "Past Winners - Scilympiad". scilympiad.com. Retrieved 2017-03-04.