Sage Stallone in June 2003
|Born||Sage Moonblood Stallone
May 5, 1976
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Died||July 13, 2012 (aged 36)
Studio City, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Resting place||Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery|
|Education||Montclair Preparatory School|
|Alma mater||North Carolina School of the Arts|
|Occupation||Actor, director, producer, screenwriter|
|Spouse(s)||Starlin Wright (m. 2007–08)|
|Relatives||Jackie Stallone (grandmother)
Frank Stallone (uncle)
Sage Stallone was born in Los Angeles, California, the elder son of Sasha Czack and actor Sylvester Stallone. He was the brother of Seargeoh Stallone, and half-brother of Sistine, Sophia, and Scarlet Stallone. He was the nephew of actor and singer Frank Stallone, and grandson of Jackie Stallone. He was stepson to Jennifer Flavin, and his godfather was actor Joe Spinell. Stallone was of Italian, French and German ancestry on his father's side.
Stallone made his acting debut alongside his father in Rocky V (1990), the fifth installment of the Rocky franchise, playing Robert Balboa Jr., the onscreen son of his father's title character. He did not, however, reprise the same role in Rocky Balboa, the sixth installment of the Rocky films. He later appeared with his father in Daylight (1996). After that, he acted in lesser profile films.
From 1994-1995, he attended the University of North Carolina School of the Arts School of Filmmaking.
In 1996, Stallone and film editor Bob Murawski co-founded Grindhouse Releasing, a Los Angeles-based company dedicated to the restoration and preservation of exploitation films and B-movies. Stallone directed his first short film (outside of film school) Vic, which won the 2006 Boston Film Festival "Best New Filmmaker" award.
His last projects were appearances in Vincent Gallo's last two films, Promises Written in Water and The Agent. Both films were shown in main competition at the 2010 Venice Film Festival and in the Toronto International Film Festival. Since those screenings, Gallo has said neither film will be released or screened again as he has no interest in a relationship with the public.
On July 13, 2012, Stallone was found dead in his Studio City, Los Angeles home. According to reports, he had not been heard from four days prior to his death and died between three and seven days prior to being found. Stallone's funeral was held on July 21 at St. Martin of Tours Catholic Church in Los Angeles. He is interred at Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery.
|1990||Rocky V||Robert Balboa, Jr.|
|1993||The Evil Inside Me||Leo|
|2002||Reflections of Evil||Dan August|
|2003||The Manson Family||Jay Sebring||Voice|
|2005||Alan Yates||Himself||Director, co-producer|
Writer, director, producer
|2007||Oliviero Rising||Dr. Stephens|
|2010||Promises Written in Water||The Mafioso|
|2010||The Agent||Ari Sheinwold||Short film|
- "Sage Stallone". Yahoo!. Retrieved June 9, 2012.
- "Sage Stallone Biography". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixter (Time Warner). Retrieved June 9, 2012.
- "Stallone Jr. Hopes Playing Rocky Jr. Won't Cramp His Lifestyle". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- Miller, Samantha (December 23, 1996). "Chip Off the Old Rocky". people.com. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- "Interview with hot babes of GLOW, Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling". Sports Climax. June 30, 2010. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- Leonard, Elizabeth; Nudd, Tim (July 17, 2012). "Sage and Sylvester Stallone: A Story of Heartache and Reconciliation". people.com. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- Pool, Bob (July 14, 2012), "Sage Stallone dies at 36; son of Sylvester Stallone", Los Angeles Times
- Panther, Lewis (July 15, 2012). "Sylvester Stallone in state of shock over son Sage's drugs overdose death". people.co.uk. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- "Sylvester Stallone begs for privacy following the sudden death of his son Sage". FoxNews.com. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Sage Stallone Laid to Rest". people.com. July 21, 2012. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- Breuer, Howard (August 30, 2012). "Sylvester Stallone's Son Died of Heart Disease". People.
- "Coroner: Sylvester Stallone's son, Sage, died of a heart attack". Los Angeles Daily News. August 31, 2012.
- Duke, Alan. "Sage Stallone died of heart attack, not drugs, coroner concludes". CNN. Retrieved 31 August 2012.