This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Science, technology and product development services|
|Headquarters||Cambridge, Guildford, London, Dubai, Houston, Boston|
Number of employees
Sagentia (formerly Scientific Generics) is an international science, technology and product development group, working across a range of market sectors, including medical, oil & gas, consumer and industrial.
Sagentia's heritage is linked to that of the Cambridge phenomenon: the high technology cluster based around Cambridge University in the UK that emerged in the 1980s. Sagentia was founded by Professor Gordon Edge as Scientific Generics in 1986.
The company changed its name to Sagentia in 2006 to coincide with the company's 20th anniversary.
Martyn Ratcliffe was appointed Chairman on 15 April 2010 following his investment in Sagentia.
Sagentia provides technology advisory and outsourced R&D services, working with clients from new opportunity discovery and technology strategy, through to concept generation and full product development. The company operates in the consumer, industrial, medical and oil & gas sectors.
The company has offices in Cambridge, Guildford, London (UK), Dubai and Houston and Boston (US) and conforms to ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2012.
|This section does not cite any sources. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sagentia created many spin-out companies over the years, including:
- CMR Fuel Cells: develops fuel cell 'stacks' for portable and small stationary power generation applications.
- Sphere Medical Holdings: develops products that help raise the standard of critical care around the world.
- Intrasonics Ltd: mobile–TV interactivity
- TurfTrax: originates and distributes data and data products to enhance horse racing, and the products of the associated betting industry and media suppliers, world wide.
- Sensopad: works with a unique sensing and identification technology.
In 2008 the company announced a change in direction moving away from venturing and focusing on the core consulting business.
- "International Technology Company Scientific Generics Marks 20th Anniversary with New Name", The Free Library, 23 October 2006. Retrieved on 2010-10-25