Saginaw County H.W. Browne Airport
|Saginaw County Harry W. Browne Airport|
|Owner||Saginaw County, Michigan|
|Location||Buena Vista Charter Township, Michigan|
|Elevation AMSL||601 ft / 183 m|
Saginaw County H.W. Browne Airport (IATA: HYX, ICAO: KHYX, FAA LID: HYX), is a county-owned, public-use airport located in Buena Vista Township, east of Saginaw, in Saginaw County, Michigan, United States. It is included in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021, in which it is categorized as a local general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
H.W. Browne Airport covers an area of 293 acres (119 ha) at an elevation of 601 feet (183 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 9/27 is 5,000 by 100 feet (1,524 x 30 m) and 5/23 is 2,951 by 60 feet (899 x 18 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2010, the airport had 8,000 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 22 per day. At that time there were 66 aircraft based at this airport: 88% single-engine, 2% multi-engine, 2% jet, and 9% helicopter.
- Federal Aviation Administration, gcr1.com, Effective 18 November 2010.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Saginaw H W Browne Airport website
- "Saginaw Co. H. W. Browne Airport" (PDF). (787.83 KB) page at Michigan DOT Airport Directory
- The National Map Viewer from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for HYX, effective March 2, 2017
- Resources for this airport: